 General / 45941
Re: The Knight Bus has arrived... but it's not all good news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:48:06 GMT

Jake,

Would you PLEASE bring this up with the head office ASAP?

I can't believe they would release a set with such *sloppy* color control.  This
is insane.

Just how far is quality going to slip at TLG before someone wakes up?

I was probably going to buy this set in groups of 10.  Now I *might* buy 1-2, but
I won't be happy about it.

Huw Millington wrote:

"Dave Lovelace" <dave@umop.com> wrote in message
Are you sure that the (average) color of these parts isn't Violet?  Hard • to
tell, even from the relatively good scan...

--D

It's a new, or otherwise previously rare purple. See this comparison
picture:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/hmillington/Misc/HarryPotterBus/p1010934.jpg

Here's the new dog:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/hmillington/Misc/HarryPotterBus/p1010936.jpg

The multi-coloured bus:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/hmillington/Misc/HarryPotterBus/p1010935.jpg

The picture makes is look slightly worse than in reality, possibly because
my camera is more sensitive to the red in the off-colour bricks. I have also
angled the bus against the light to show off the defect best.

The whole set:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/hmillington/Misc/HarryPotterBus/p1010938.jpg

Worrying isn't it... I think I'll contact customer services and see what
they say abut it...

Huw

--
Tom Stangl