 General / 45988
Re: The Knight Bus has arrived... but it's not all good news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 17:57:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bill Vollbrecht wrote:
Even though they have been planning the
color swap for almost 2 years, the logistics of completely swaping over all of
the abs granuals for over a dozen colors is bound to create some variations.

Two years ! So this means that the color swap planning goes back to almost the
same time (2002 model year) that they dropped the TECHNIC moniker from Star
Wars, Bionicle, et al sets. Interesting. Sounds like there was a sea change back
then that is only now beginning to surface. This may also account for the color
variations that I saw in some of the dark blue parts from 8009 R2D2. Other
people had reported rare variations in the lime (aka swamp green).

Ray