 General / 45936
Re: The Knight Bus has arrived... but it's not all good news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:08:48 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.general, Huw Millington wrote:
The first of the new Harry Potter sets is now available in the UK. the 4755
Knight Bus has arrived, but, as others have noted in .harrypotter, quality
is definitely slipping.

The instructions seem to printed on a much inferior paper stock, but that's
nothing to the differences in colour of the purple parts....

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LEGO Introduces New Collectable Colors

Billund, Denmark -- The LEGO Group has taken collectability to a new level by
varying the colors slightly, but perceptably, in its newest sets.

"We've had an enormous response from collectors with our Bionicle masks" said
Yohann Bigboote, LEGO's latest Director of Marketing, "so we've decided to raise
the excitement a notch by varying the brick color, piece by piece."

The color differences are achieved through a patent-pending technology,
guaranteeing that no two bricks are exactly the same hue. Bigboote predicts that
casual LEGO "maniacs" and collectors alike will purchase multiple copies, if not
dozens, of the same set, in order to build the model in a single color.

"Focus groups in both Germany and the United States have expressed boredom with
our past color quality" said Bigboote. "We're determined to thrill the youngster
when they open the box, because they'll never know what color lies inside."

Bigboote refused to comment on rumors that LEGO is also considering slightly
adjusting the size of the brick itself in the same random manner. "We're
considering all options, but we have nothing to announce at this time."

DISCLAIMER

The above is a parody. It is not true. I made it up.