 General / 45975
Re: The Knight Bus has arrived... but it's not all good news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:08:06 GMT

The truly sad thing about your press release is it is believable. A couple
of years ago I'd have laughed at the concept, nowadays its almost
believable. I feel sorry for Jake. Every stride forward made in fostering
closer relations with the community, he gets dragged back by shoddy
decisions or quality (set design / brick colour) coming from the company
behind him

ho hum!

--
James Stacey
------

"Cary Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Huw Millington wrote:
The first of the new Harry Potter sets is now available in the UK. the • 4755
Knight Bus has arrived, but, as others have noted in .harrypotter, • quality
is definitely slipping.

The instructions seem to printed on a much inferior paper stock, but • that's
nothing to the differences in colour of the purple parts....

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LEGO Introduces New Collectable Colors

Billund, Denmark -- The LEGO Group has taken collectability to a new level • by
varying the colors slightly, but perceptably, in its newest sets.

"We've had an enormous response from collectors with our Bionicle masks" • said
Yohann Bigboote, LEGO's latest Director of Marketing, "so we've decided to • raise
the excitement a notch by varying the brick color, piece by piece."

The color differences are achieved through a patent-pending technology,
guaranteeing that no two bricks are exactly the same hue. Bigboote • predicts that
casual LEGO "maniacs" and collectors alike will purchase multiple copies, • if not
dozens, of the same set, in order to build the model in a single color.

"Focus groups in both Germany and the United States have expressed boredom • with
our past color quality" said Bigboote. "We're determined to thrill the • youngster
when they open the box, because they'll never know what color lies • inside."

Bigboote refused to comment on rumors that LEGO is also considering • slightly
adjusting the size of the brick itself in the same random manner. "We're
considering all options, but we have nothing to announce at this time."

DISCLAIMER

The above is a parody. It is not true. I made it up.