 General / 45942
Re: The Knight Bus has arrived... but it's not all good news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:01:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Huw Millington wrote:

"Dave Lovelace" <dave@umop.com> wrote in message
Are you sure that the (average) color of these parts isn't Violet?  Hard to
tell, even from the relatively good scan...

--D

It's a new, or otherwise previously rare purple. See this comparison
picture:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/hmillington/Misc/HarryPotterBus/p1010934.jpg

Here's the new dog:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/hmillington/Misc/HarryPotterBus/p1010936.jpg

The multi-coloured bus:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/hmillington/Misc/HarryPotterBus/p1010935.jpg

The picture makes is look slightly worse than in reality, possibly because
my camera is more sensitive to the red in the off-colour bricks. I have also
angled the bus against the light to show off the defect best.

The whole set:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/hmillington/Misc/HarryPotterBus/p1010938.jpg

Worrying isn't it... I think I'll contact customer services and see what
they say abut it...

Huw

OK, what does the picture on the box look like ? If the picture on the box shows
a smooth single-color bus and the bricks inside vary that much, this almost
sounds like grounds for a recall. At the very least it would tread dangerously
close to truth-in-advertising stuff. Box artwork has been off in the past, but
if the picture on the box was retouched to lessen the differences, I think they
(TLC) are in a heap of trouble here. If not legal trouble, then there will be a
rather nasty consumer backlash when parents buy the set and see the poor
quality. If this was done intentionally, then the box artwork should show it
also, otherwise someone is pulling a fast one.

one mans opinion, speaking as a consumer
Ray