 General / 45984
Re: The Knight Bus has arrived... but it's not all good news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 17:31:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Huw Millington wrote:
The first of the new Harry Potter sets is now available in the UK. the 4755
Knight Bus has arrived, but, as others have noted in .harrypotter, quality
is definitely slipping.

The purple itself is, I believe, a new colour.

The purple in question is indeed a new color. Along with light grey, dark grey,
brown, light pink, magenta, our dear purple is also one of the old colors to
fall victim to "improvments". All of those colors have been permamently retired
and replaced with the brighter colors that you have been seeing released.

I would hazard a guess that they are having problems with quality control, that
over time, will improve (hopefully!). Even though they have been planning the
color swap for almost 2 years, the logistics of completely swaping over all of
the abs granuals for over a dozen colors is bound to create some variations.

And, if it seems that things AREN'T improving, they are going to have a lot more
unhappy customers than just AFOL's!

Bill

Mmmmm..... MegaBlocks on sale at Target..... I wonder if I should... NO! Must
resist urge! AAARGH!!!