 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *1574 (-100)
  Re: Latest update from LEGO Direct

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:G6x2KK.Fo@lugnet.com... (...) 2001 (...) Jake, Thanks for mentioning this about the train line. I suppose I should start saving my Lego budget for later in the year! Can you clarify (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Latest update from LEGO Direct

(...) Hear hear... It would be nice to be kept informed of what progress is being made in this area, as happened at the start when the announcement of this happening was made, and followed up with 'updates' occasionally...all we know in Aus is that (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Latest update from LEGO Direct

(Crossposting to loc.au) (...) Last I heard they were talking about the second half of 2001. Are we really going to have to wait that long? Any indication from Jake or his colleagues would be greatly appreciated (please?!!) (Non) availability must (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Latest update from LEGO Direct

(...) Hi, Jake! [snip] (...) [snippity snip] (...) You've mentioned Europe, and the site now supports several European countries, but I was wondering what the plans are (if any) for Australia. I don't know about actual sales, but if Lugnet's (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Latest update from LEGO Direct

(...) Ohhh...hhh... Hyuk. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Latest update from LEGO Direct

(...) Thanks for the info. But wait, what about the "unknown" LoM sets? The back of the Alien DIscovery pak clearly shows two more small LoM sets, but absolutely no one has seen them. I know you probably cannot reply to this, but will we every see (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Latest update from LEGO Direct

(...) Thank you Jake! The era of friendly communication between the consumer (AFOL) and the producer is at hand! Glad you could clear things up and very impressed to see that you read the stuff that appears here on Lugnet. Personally, I haven't used (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Latest update from LEGO Direct

(...) Mark, I was pointing out that *online*, they can only be purchased through shop.LEGO.com. Jake (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Latest update from LEGO Direct

(...) Thanks for clarifying! BTW, I thought the agreement said that by submitting an entry, the entrant agreed to sign over the rights if he/she won. Would a winning entrant be allowed to change his/her mind and keep the rights (giving up the prize, (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Latest update from LEGO Direct

(...) That's funny, I've been able to buy them at my local Toys R Us for about 3 weeks now. Thanks for putting them in the store, however. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Latest update from LEGO Direct

Greetings! I have finally gotten caught up after the holiday break and then the mad rush to get back up to speed when you get back to the office! Anyway, I have been sorting through the lugnet.lego.direct newsgroup and wanted to respond to/update a (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: Fansploitation

I'm sure the fine print isn't intended to mean TLC would actually consider releasing the winning model as a retail set (if only they would..), but it must be intended to be able to depict the winning model in commercials, press releases and the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Fansploitation

(...) Good point. Combining subthreads... would a non exclusive royalty free license granted at entry solve that problem? IANAL so I am just guessing wildly but I think it might. I have to reiterate my opinion that I feel the disparagement of this (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Contest goals? (was Re: Fansploitation

(...) Thanks for the insight Suz. I couldn't agree with you more! There is no way I would ever give up ownership on a design I did. Although I am not a train buff, I really do marvel at the wonderful MOC's that they create. Gary Istok (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Contest goals? (was Re: Fansploitation

(...) Although I haven't thought about LUGNET's specific involvement, I couldn't agree with you more about contests. Recently I've been giving this great consideration and I believe such events can do many positive things both for individual (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Fansploitation

(...) big (...) fine (...) to (...) I think the issue with TLG may be litigation avoidance. If LEGO receives a bunch of ideas and designs but does not obtain the rights then they must check every new design they market against the entries to insure (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Fansploitation

I do not think most of us want to make any money off our creations, but should we have to give up all rights to our work? Do other contests that judge artistic creations require that the artist relinquish all rights to the creation? (Really, I (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Contest goals? (was Re: Fansploitation

"Suzanne D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message news:<G6MMIy.MrI@lugnet.com>... (...) here (...) contest (...) for (...) see (...) Suz, I mentioned something about an "MOC of the Year Award" type contest a few weeks back. See (URL) . When (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Fansploitation

LEGO is giving you the opportunity to build something you love and to show it off to everyone while they stand proudly behind you. You want to moan and complain about that? Ashamed you all should be. Build On! (or not, if the Official Rules say you (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Surely this is not legal

G'Day Looks like this auction has been pulled by eBay, I guess the lawyers have been busy..... Cheers Oliver Play Well "r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:G6Fy7w.EsK@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: D.L. Blair, Inc. (was: Re: Contest goals? (was Re: Fansploitation))

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G6nGGG.H0p@lugnet.com... (...) Hmm...what a terribly designed slow loading site for a company that does so much business with such large clients. One of the pages even said something like (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.publish)

  D.L. Blair, Inc. (was: Re: Contest goals? (was Re: Fansploitation))

(...) D.L. Blair, Inc. is a consumer sales promotion agency headquartered in New York and Nebraska (USA). Their clients include Procter & Gamble, Coca Cola, and Miller Brewing. LEGO has been using D.L. Blair since 1995. They also handled the Star (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: Fansploitation

"Suzanne D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message news:G6Lz7K.BwE@lugnet.com... (...) building (...) being (...) no big (...) fine (...) Any idea as to whether these competitions will be open to the whole world, or just USA? regards lawrence (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Contest goals? (was Re: Fansploitation

(...) D.L. Blair is a marketing company. One thing they do is do the initial stages of contest (qualification based winnowing) judging, or when it's a contest in which the winner is randomly picked, carry out or supervise the random draw from all (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Contest goals? (was Re: Fansploitation

(...) Pardon my ignorance, but who is Blair? Thanks, ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NEW 2001 sets (Scuplture Dragon! and HTO stuff among)...

(...) Agreed. Simple packaging sends a "this is serious stuff" message and keeps costs down too... look at how low run Model Railroad kits are packaged. ++Lar (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Contest goals? (was Re: Fansploitation

(...) I'm glad there are people like Larry who are less bummed out. I don't want anyone to be as bummed out as I am. But I'll try to clarify my prev post. I know my views are often critical -- I'm like that. Usually I bite my tongue in this news (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Contest goals? (was Re: Fansploitation

(...) Shucks;-) J2 (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Winners in the First Annual Classic Space Set Design and Building Contest

The votes have been cast, tallied, and audited -- it's time to announce the winning entries! 30 people entered a total of 67 entries. There were a total of 205 vote- points applied to the entries and tallied up. Thanks to everyone who participated, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.announce) !!

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G6M3o2.Mos@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) to (...) I too have thought about this quite a bit over the past few days. I was excited to see a train building contest. I (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NEW 2001 sets (Scuplture Dragon! and HTO stuff among)...

(...) I second that. I saw the Big minifig model on sale at legoland - almost missed it. The model was in a very plain, ugly box. There was no color, no pretty pictures - nothing. this shows me that it is a mail order item. (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: NEW 2001 sets (Scuplture Dragon! and HTO stuff among)...

(...) I think you hit the nail on the head... They showcase what can be done with just a few elements, too. ++Lar (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Contest goals? (was Re: Fansploitation

Snipped... (I got a copy of the January catalog today so I've now read the contest rules) (...) If the goal of this contest is to acquire designs to be put into production, there are more effective ways of doing so than having D.L Blair sift through (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Fansploitation

I just opened my Jan '01 S@H cat. Flipping through, I notice a few editorial additions -- things like "Bulk Bricks Building Tips" (which prove that brick packs can be made into models), and a desk clock pictured in a LEGO soccer stadium. "That's (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H woes

From work it takes me 10-20 seconds to load a menu page over DSL. From home... well, despite my ADSL 1Mbps connection and major ISP, I can't resolve the site at all because of a long-term DNS screw-up. Sigh. Jeff (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Surely this is not legal

(...) Agreed, but for MOST people (which is what I was trying to say) it's pretty useless. That's not to say there aren't exceptions to the rule. Kinda like shell promo sets selling for ridiculous prices or some such. It'd be pretty stupid for ME to (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NEW 2001 sets (Scuplture Dragon! and HTO stuff among)...

(...) Here's my take on it: the LEGO Sculpture sets are items targetted primarily at the serious LEGO-holic market. They are too expensive, and too specialized, to attract a lot of interest in the retail sector. Their primary appeal will be to (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Surely this is not legal

Pretty much my point. Not distinctly illegal, (other than the obvious intellectual property issue), but exceedingly stupid since you can get most of them free. Also, you'd have to have most of the sets anyway just to build what you see in each (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Surely this is not legal

(...) It would make sense for many Europeans that pay connection charges on a time basis - S&H may end up being FAR less than the connect charges to download them. Of course, a full dump of Brickshelf would take several CDs - one of these days, I'm (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Surely this is not legal

(...) That COULD be illegal.... but... As far as I know, I can host a big image of Lego on my server and even put a disclaimer that says "This IS an official Lego site", and there'd be nothing illegal about it... Lego might not like it and they may (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Surely this is not legal

(...) I'm going to kinda agree with Geoffrey here. This COULD be illegal, except I don't think Lego will care, really, unless this turns into some sort of lucrative market. The images presented are under Lego's copyright. Lego has asked that no sets (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Surely this is not legal

G'Day I think the material probably did come from BrickShelf, but the - idea - is a good one. I would like to have a CD of instructions available, just makes things a little easier, maybe TLG could look into something like this. Cheers Oliver Play (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

(...) Well done.. You out designed the offical designers!! Seriously I would suggest that you get in touch with TLC/TLG officaly on this to see if they could produce a parts/sticker pack for us AFOLS.. (ISTR them syaing they would now be more (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: S@H woes

(...) browsing. Most pages load in 30 sec or less, but the bulk pages, presumably because they have a great many menus, take a very long time to load. Chris (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H woes

(...) I just played around a bit with it. It's about 15 seconds to load the menus on my system. There is no cable-modem activity at all while it is happening, but my disk drive goes nuts. So, I think it is entirely governed by how fast your browser (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Surely this is not legal

(...) I looks like some <insert pejorative here> has simply made a CD of BrickShelf. I say take let the eBay and TLC lawyer types growl in his(her?) direction. If that doesn't work, then take the muzzles off and let 'em loose. SRC Nothing (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H woes

Christopher Masi wrote in message <3A5211C9.815F6F93@c...ne.edu>... (...) a (...) load. (...) LEGO (...) DOn't think it's just a Mac thing. I'm on a PC running IE 5.5 over a cable modem and it takes about 20-30s for the menus to load on each page. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H woes

(...) It must be a Mac thing. I have been complaining about slow menu loading for a while. Using IE 5 and Netscape 4.7, the bulk pages take about 4 min to load. Apparently, it does not take that long for the menus to load on a PC. Since LEGO doesn't (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H woes

(...) Ah, great. More computer bigotry. Thanks. Very helpful. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Re-release of classical sets?

(...) Hey, if this 2002 thing works out, you can just build it on their software and order it. (With the exception of minifigs I guess) -- Andrew, Agent 0007 (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H woes

I've been testing different browsers on my own web site (trying to implement advice the books give on being compatible--not easy.) Anyway, now I have Mac IE 3, 4, and 5 set up. Only 5 plays well with www.lego.com. It is more tolerable than Netscape (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H woes

Guess what? Those S@H menus don't work in IE 4 either. (Time to upgrade?) It turns out, IE 4 can't even be used on Microsoft's website anymore because too many links are implemented as javascript actions instead of, um, links. For instance, it's (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H woes

(...) While I find the site at times somewhat annoying, I don't see THOSE sorts of delays. what browser are you running? Some Mac thing? I am running IE 5.50 on Win 2000 over dialup, mostly. BTW (the menus are Javascript, but we know that (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H woes

Yeah, I have to wait too, though my dsl is usually running about 127k :( (if I'm lucky...) I've just learned to tolerate it, not that I think it's good web practice, though we know that nothing good will ever come out of the Official Page... at (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H woes

(...) Yes, because of those awful menus, I don't use the website. A real shame. I don't have this problem on some other sites that use menus. I bet it's partly the browser. (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  S@H woes

OK, I've tried to be patient on this but I've had enough. Whenever I go to Shop @ Home and follow a link to a new page, I have to wait for a good solid 30 seconds while my browser displays a message that says "Please wait, menus being loaded." It (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Surely this is not legal

(...) Do you think he/she could have 'mined' the Brickshelf Site? (If they did then I'd check your server VERY carefully..) With the CD on ebay TLG could theroetically close down all sites hosting thier (C) material :-( Lets hope the AFOLS's get him (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Surely this is not legal

Richard Schamus <legoman34@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:G6G36G.1uB@lugnet.com... (...) It doesn't look legal to me - the reason being the prominent LEGO logo displayed with their 'Just Imagine...' trademark on the top, acting like it was (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  (canceled)

  Re: Surely this is not legal

It would probably be illegal if it became obvious that the person "auctioning" that particular item was going to make a lot of money doing that. But at $1.30 ea. it doesn't look likely. Of course, TLG could say that this isn't a fair interpretation (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Surely this is not legal

(...) It probably isn't illegal. It's just not very smart, especially for the person(s) buying the item. Considering that most of the instruction are available from www.brickshelf.com and, (I'm only speculating here and am not in possession of any (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Surely this is not legal

(URL) tell me this isn't legal. Rose (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Brown Bricks

Are brown brick packs going to be available from Lego Direct anytime soon (even if it is just 1x2's & 2x4's)? (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Destroyer Droid head?

One way is to just call and ask. :-) I found out about a correction sheet and parts that were made for the barcode truck model I have. It does help, though, if it looks obvious that a correction sheet should be available. -- Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Destroyer Droid head?

That's fine, but how am I supposed to know there is an amendment sheet in the first place? Duq "Geoffrey Hyde" <ghyde@ledanet.com.au> wrote in message news:G6Ct47.KxC@lugnet.com... (...) LCSA, (...) them (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Destroyer Droid head?

If you need the amendments sheets for a particular model, I'm told by LCSA, at least, that all one has to do is to call or write with details of the amendment sheets that are required. Shouldn't really be necessary for them to post it on their site, (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: NEW 2001 sets (Scuplture Dragon! and HTO stuff among)...

(...) Does a third of these indicate success of the first two ? Maybe they think Eric.H and Henry.L are typical AFOLs. More research would indicate that most of us use lots of specialised elements in our MOCS. (...) Basic bricks would be cheaper for (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: NEW 2001 sets (Scuplture Dragon! and HTO stuff among)...

(...) Agreed. Let's see what the latest announcement plays out as... I suspect (even ignoring the non availability of graygreen/verdigris) that the current bulk packs cannot make you any of the statues (the legodude uses plates not in the bulk (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: NEW 2001 sets (Scuplture Dragon! and HTO stuff among)...

(...) This is a good point. They are quite expensive. I know that shop sized displays sell for a little less, and, although glued, are far more unique. One would have to know the numbers sold to know if the are a money spinner, but I expect it must (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.loc.uk)

  (canceled)

  Re: NEW 2001 sets (Scuplture Dragon! and HTO stuff among)...

(...) They're more economical than set-bursting (in time & effort, not necessarily straight cash), and more economical than the bulk packs. They're less economical than bulk tubs, but have a greater range of parts. <shrug> The only reason I haven't (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: NEW 2001 sets (Scuplture Dragon! and HTO stuff among)...

(loc.uk trimmed) (...) Lady Liberty might be, for the verdigris/sand green bricks, since AFAIK there's no other way to get 'em in large quantities...depends on how bad you want 'em I guess. J (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: NEW 2001 sets (Scuplture Dragon! and HTO stuff among)...

I don't think that these things are great value, in terms of brick count, but I'm delighted that they are being produced. While I love Technic, trains, etc..., with their special pieces, I like the back-to-basic-bricks approach for the sculptures. I (...) (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: NEW 2001 sets (Scuplture Dragon! and HTO stuff among)...

(...) We've now seen three of these large scale dealiethings. I wonder how well they are doing? That is, what are the goals of these, is it opportunistic sales (do it because they're relatively easy to develop and since they use mostly basic bricks, (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.loc.uk)

it's also available in the UK shop, price 80GBP. Huw "Christian Gemuenden" <GECH1@t-online.de> wrote in message news:G611G5.3xD@lugnet.com... (...) mention (...) of (...) check (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: NEW 2001 sets (Scuplture Dragon! and HTO stuff among)...

Hi again, while posting my previous message, I have unfortunately forgotten to mention that the new LEGO Sculptures Dragon #3724 is right now only available when you log on with 'german' basket. I just ordered my copy so I wasn't aware of the fact (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001)

  NEW 2001 sets (Scuplture Dragon! and HTO stuff among)...

Hi all, if you haven't checked shop.lego.com yet, you might want to see all the new 2001 sets that were uploaded these days! Among is a NEW LEGO Sculture Dragon as well as many small HTO sets that we have NOT seen before. Instead of opening each (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.lego)

  Re: New promo at brickset.com

Excellent idea Jude! Let's wait and see what happens. Anticipating a response... (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New promo at brickset.com

Ok since LEGO claims to read our posts, I want to x-post this one to somewhere they will readily find it. So now, the ball is in LEGO's court. Come on Brad, Jake, anyone... find someone who has the authority and please give Kabaya permission to sell (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Shop at Home on the web is going to ruin me

(...) lol And this is just the tip of the iceberg!!! {:^D -John (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  LEGO Shop at Home on the web is going to ruin me

Being able to order stuff from the web is going to break my bank account. All those bulk bricks, so little money.... (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Online LEGO users design their own sets

In lugnet.lego.direct, Gary Istok writes: [snip] (...) I'm still glad, because I still own some of these parts, though severly worn out. After 15 years of intensive use those old bricks had lost all their "clinging"-power, fortunately current bricks (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: AGAIN: German LEGO Community

(...) And second question at you, Jake: What if the person with the idea obmits of his rights or "sells" them for a symbolic penny? I would like to do so with any model I have created so far, just for the honour to be the designer of an official (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: AGAIN: German LEGO Community

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Jake McKee (<G5GqrA.GKC@lugnet.com>) wrote at 16:21:10 (...) Jake, I'm curious. Does this restriction extend as far as TLC not being able to use ideas which we've discussed in lugnet? It would be *very* ironic if we were killing (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

Doesn't Lego already have their own LegoCAD software? I'm not sure what exactly it comprises or allows you to do, but it is a deritive of AutoCAD developed by Autodesk. It is available through DACTA and I'm sure is too expensive for an average user, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: AGAIN: German LEGO Community

Christian, You are correct in your description of LEGO Direct. We are the group that is responsible for direct communication with the consumer. We have been in operation just under a year and as you can probably see as of late, we are coming into (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: AGAIN: German LEGO Community

Hi Kai, LEGO is not simply one person, it is a large global company. Having that in mind you might understand that different replies from various sources within the same company may also include different contents. It seems that you have contacted (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: AGAIN: German LEGO Community

Hi Kai, LEGO is not simply one person, it is a large global company. Having that in mind you might understand that different replies from various sources within the same company may also include different contents. It seems that you have contacted (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: AGAIN: German LEGO Community

That doesnt seem right i mailed them a letter a couple months ago and the LEGO GROUP said "we can not take any ideas from our costumers due to legal reasons" and i would scan the letter but my scanner is broke. I dont know maybe lego has changed, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: AGAIN: German LEGO Community

That doesnt seem right i mailed them a letter a couple months ago and the LEGO GROUP said "we can not take any ideas from our costumers due to legal reasons" and i would scan the letter but my scanner is broke. I dont know maybe lego has changed, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  AGAIN: German LEGO Community

Hi all! Sorry for having canceled my original message, here it is again.... most of you know that there are several smaller AFOL communities besides LUGNET. The forum at www.1000steine.de is one of these communities similar to Lugnet but a bit (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: German LEGO Community

Bryan Kinkel wrote in message ... (...) Oh give me a break. What's the big deal? Why does Lego have to be sooo secretive about the trains. They have NEVER responded to any requests for a statement (on LUGNET) about their future status. The way Lego (...) (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: German LEGO Community

Christian, Thanks for posting the reply you got from Lego Direct. I was pleased to see a) that an AFOL got a pleasant, personal email from Lego Direct b) a mention about possible new trains from Lego Direct Even though the train line mention was (...) (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I don't care how you feel about cookies! If you're going to make irrelevant postings to the list, please attempt to make them funny or interesting. (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.robotics)

  RE: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) How far we have come along in a year..... I can remember Michael Lachmann's post (and I'm paraphrasing) where he wanted to look for a robotics application to program now that MLCad was stable :-) Many of us (myself included) encouraged Michael (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.cad)

  (canceled)

  RE: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) How far we have come along in a year..... I can remember Michael Lachmann's post (and I'm paraphrasing) where he wanted to look for a robotics application to program now that MLCad was stable :-) Many of us (myself included) encouraged Michael (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.cad)

  Re: new Technic product shown!

(...) I wouldn't recommend exposing the pneumatics in the LEGO Technic Search Sub (8250/8299) to water. I had some pneumatics when I was a child, and it was all ruined from exposure to water. Perhaps the new style pneumatics is higher quality, (...) (24 years ago, 10-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: new Technic product shown!

(...) Sounds pretty good to me. Lego have already had a fire engine in the Technic range, and people sometimes mistake my red mobile crane for a fire engine, so does that count? :-) I like the idea of an ambulance - what functions would you have in (...) (24 years ago, 10-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact