 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1551
Re: Contest goals? (was Re: Fansploitation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 15:45:42 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Mark Sandlin writes:
Suzanne D. Rich at suz@baseplate.com wrote:

Regarding Blair, this may sound awful, but I believe they aren't looking for
nice models at all. It seems much more likely (to me) that they would cull
out:
- unacceptable entries (ones that didn't follow the rules, no phone num, etc)
- unacceptable photos (maybe poor shots or lack detail to produce instructs)
- unacceptable models (ones which would be too complex to build or provide
instructions for, ones which show too many rare pieces or not enough
"available-from-LEGO Direct" parts which they hope to sell).
And who knows what else.. I'd rather not guess.

Pardon my ignorance, but who is Blair?

D.L. Blair is a marketing company. One thing they do is do the initial
stages of contest (qualification based winnowing) judging, or when it's a
contest in which the winner is randomly picked, carry out or supervise the
random draw from all the qualified entries.

If you enter a lot of contests you've no doubt heard of them. There are others.

HTH...

++Lar