 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1545
Re: Contest goals? (was Re: Fansploitation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 02:09:38 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
Snipped... (I got a copy of the January catalog today so I've now read the
contest rules)

[ ... snipped ... ]

The fact that D. L. Blair is judging the first round means I won't be
entering, I never got points for neatness when I was in school either. But
I'm not nearly as bummed by the contest as you are, now that I read the
rules and looked at the contest presentation in context and had some time • to
think.

This contest won't be crowning the all time best LEGO(r) train builder.
That's not the idea of it. Besides, we already know who it is anyway...

++Lar

I too have thought about this quite a bit over the past few days.  I was
excited to see a train building contest.  I was disappointed to read through
the fine print and copyright assignment verbage.  I still think it would be
good for the LUGNET train community to support this contest.  Just don't
enter anything you have real strong feelings about.  $100 really is a
trivial amount of money for giving up the rights to one's design.  It would
be interesting if the person who ended up winning then decided not to sign
the copyright assignment.

I will probably enter something simply to show my support for LEGO Trains.
It won't be anything special though (not that I have all that many special
train creations).  Maybe I'll submit my TTE - that might create an interest
copyright assignment situation.  ;-)

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders