 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1546
1545  |  1547
Subject:
Winners in the First Annual Classic Space Set Design and Building Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.announce
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 04:13:47 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The votes have been cast, tallied, and audited -- it's time to announce the
winning entries!

30 people entered a total of 67 entries.  There were a total of 205 vote-
points applied to the entries and tallied up.

Thanks to everyone who participated, and special thanks to Jude Beaudin and
Larry Pieniazek for volunteering to audit the vote counts.

I hope everyone who entered had as much fun building as I did (and I think
everyone did) viewing the entries.  Everyone gets to enjoy the results!

Okie dokie, here we go!

And the winners are...

   "Grand Prize Winner" (most overall vote points):
      Mobile Explorer by Jon Koob

   Best Itty Bitty Polybag-Size Ship:
      Patrol Scooter by Adrian Drake

   Best Small Ship:
      Shuttle Buggy by Christopher Callahan

   Best Medium Ship:
      Cygnus 9 Patrol Craft by Jon Palmer

   Best Large Ship:
      Untitled by Bram Lambrecht
      Outpost Explorer by Jon Palmer (TIE)

   Best Utility Vechicle:
      Mineral Explorer by Adrian Drake

   Best Walker Vehicle:
      Astro Stalker by Tony Hafner

   Best Small Mobile Ship Launcher:
      Untitled by Bram Lambrecht

   Best Mobile Rocket Launcher:
      Rocket Hauler by Adrian Drake

   Best Mobile Laboratoriy:
      Mobile Explorer by Jon Koob

   Best Space Base:
      Astro Defensive Communications Base by James Jackson

   Best "The Ugliest, Wackiest Thing in Space":
      SuperSucker 9000 by Richard Marchetti

   Special achievement recognition kudos:
      Galaxy Excursion by Kevin Loch
      Galaxy Expedition by John VanZwieten

Links to the pictures are here...

   http://www.lugnet.com/~1/ClassicSpaceContest/2000/Winners

And a list of all the entries is here...

   http://www.lugnet.com/~1/ClassicSpaceContest/2000/Entries

Congratulations to the winners -- it is a truly wonderful thing to be honored
by your peers, and I think all the entries showed a great amount of enthusiasm
and talent.

If you enjoyed this building contest, please take a moment to say a few words,
share some thoughts, say thanks to the people who shared their great models.

--Todd