 Space / 5783
Re: Winners in the First Annual Classic Space Set Design and Building Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 14:31:53 GMT

Come to think of it, I'm still imagining it - Lego, can we have a 2x2 white
cylinder bulk pack and a light grey plate pack? I waited 22 years for Lego
Star Wars, and it's been roughly 22 years since classic space....

This is an interesting point--although since I may be a bit younger than
you, perhaps my definition of "classic space" is different (22 years??  They
just started making poseable minifigs about 22 years ago, didn't they?).
With all the AFOL out there, I bet there'd be a HUUUUUGE market for "retro"
space sets harkening back to the classic space.  Today's kids might look at
them and sneer, but they'd make a killing with the adults!

This would also be an incredible market niche for a GoB designer...  Problem
is parts availability on some of the pieces.

Peter