 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1556
Re: Fansploitation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 03:16:10 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

LEGO is giving you the opportunity to build something you love and to show
it off to everyone while they stand proudly behind you.  You want to moan
and complain about that?

Ashamed you all should be.

Build On! (or not, if the Official Rules say you won't make a bunch of money
on the deal)
John Matthews

Suzanne D. Rich <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message
I just opened my Jan '01 S@H cat. Flipping through, I notice a few • editorial
additions -- things like "Bulk Bricks Building Tips" (which prove that • brick
packs can be made into models), and a desk clock pictured in a LEGO soccer
stadium. "That's nice," I thought to myself, "creative."

flip,flip,flip

Train page 44, "Yummy train doors and windows!"
Then looking at page 45, I'm delighted to see mention of a train car • building
contest. My mind raced to the age limit info: !! three ranges, the last • being
18-plus. "Excellent!" But my smile drained away when I realized there was • no big
prize exclaimation. That made me nervous. I had to read the text. then the • fine
print.

I knew it would happen, but it still hurts.    Buying 'em up for $100.

I thought this company would be different, they certainly could be. Worst • part
is knowing that LEGO Direct knows that I know it's dirty. Yet they expect • us to
enter anyway. not me.

-Suz