 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1540
Re: S@H woes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 20:43:52 GMT

From work it takes me 10-20 seconds to load a menu page over DSL.  From
home... well, despite my ADSL 1Mbps connection and major ISP, I can't
resolve the site at all because of a long-term DNS screw-up.  Sigh.

Jeff

Chris Gray wrote:

"Kevin Wilson" <kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com> writes:

DOn't think it's just a Mac thing. I'm on a PC running IE 5.5 over a cable
modem and it takes about 20-30s for the menus to load on each page.

I just played around a bit with it. It's about 15 seconds to load the
menus on my system. There is no cable-modem activity at all while it
is happening, but my disk drive goes nuts. So, I think it is entirely
governed by how fast your browser can get stuff out of its cache.
Unless of course you have your cache set very small, in which case
it could take forever over a slow link as you re-load things over and
over.

Other than the stupid menu things, most of my time was spent clicking
OK on the zillion cookies they insist on setting.

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM
               http://www.GraySage.COM/cg/