 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1527
Re: S@H woes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 17:37:15 GMT

Erik Olson wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Mark Sandlin writes:
OK, I've tried to be patient on this but I've had enough.

Whenever I go to Shop @ Home and follow a link to a new page, I have to wait
for a good solid 30 seconds while my browser displays a message that says
"Please wait, menus being loaded."

It shouldn't take this long.  I have 768k DSL.

I suspect it's the .asp files that are the culprit.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, because of those awful menus, I don't use the website. A real shame.

I don't have this problem on some other sites that use menus. I bet it's partly
the browser.

It must be a Mac thing. I have been complaining about slow menu loading for a
while. Using IE 5 and Netscape 4.7, the bulk pages take about 4 min to load.
Apparently, it does not take that long for the menus to load on a PC. Since LEGO
doesn't support Mac[1] I doubt that they will ever address this issue.

Chris

1. Please do not site any Macintosh software produced by LEGO to counter this
statement. There are so few titles that I do not consider that as supporting the
Macintosh platform.
--
PGP public key available upon request.