 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1522
Re: S@H woes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 03:12:56 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Mark Sandlin writes:
OK, I've tried to be patient on this but I've had enough.

Whenever I go to Shop @ Home and follow a link to a new page, I have to wait
for a good solid 30 seconds while my browser displays a message that says
"Please wait, menus being loaded."

It shouldn't take this long.  I have 768k DSL.

I suspect it's the .asp files that are the culprit.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, because of those awful menus, I don't use the website. A real shame.

I don't have this problem on some other sites that use menus.
I bet it's partly the browser.

While I find the site at times somewhat annoying, I don't see THOSE sorts of
delays. what browser are you running? Some Mac thing? I am running IE 5.50
on Win 2000 over dialup, mostly.

BTW (the menus are Javascript, but we know that www.lego.com goes overboard
on flash) I'm starting to think that flash, properly done, can be neato. The
bionicle "game" is a poor man's "Myst", and shows what flash can accomplish.
That's a bit of a recant from my previous stance.

But you still have to make provisions for low speed low tech users. Mac
users, for example. :-)

++Lar