 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1543
Re: NEW 2001 sets (Scuplture Dragon! and HTO stuff among)...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 01:04:18 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Steve Bliss writes:

Here's my take on it:  the LEGO Sculpture sets are items targetted
primarily at the serious LEGO-holic market.  They are too expensive, and
too specialized, to attract a lot of interest in the retail sector.  Their
primary appeal will be to people who are willing (and able) to indulge in
large-scale lego-mania.  My assumption is that a relatively large
percentage of S@H customers are "serious lego buyers", as compared to the
profile of the typical TRU shopper.  So these sets are perfect to offer up
through the B2C channel.  They won't compete with the normal retail sets,
found in a TRU near you.

Sorry if the above paragraph is long-winded and/or repetitious and/or
non-sensical.

I think you hit the nail on the head... They showcase what can be done with
just a few elements, too.

++Lar