 Promotional / 646
Re: New promo at brickset.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 03:26:31 GMT

Excellent idea Jude!  Let's wait and see what happens.

Anticipating a response...
Karl Barger
http://www.texlug.org

In lugnet.promo, Jude Beaudin writes:
Ok since LEGO claims to read our posts, I want to x-post this one to somewhere
they will readily find it.

So now, the ball is in LEGO's court. Come on Brad, Jake, anyone... find someone
who has the authority and please give Kabaya permission to sell overseas.

Or make the Kabaya sets HTO. :-)

Jude

In lugnet.promo, Karl Barger writes:
I have not had any luck getting any leads on how to obtain the Kabaya sets
here in the US other than via auction or dumb luck.  I was able to find the
Kabaya internet site (http://www.kabaya.co.jp) and I was able to find an
e-mail address in the site as well (eigyo@kabaya.co.jp).  I sent an e-mail
inquiring as to the US availability of the Kabaya sets.  I received a rather
terse reply this morning that said (exact quote including misspellings) -

"Tank you for your E-mail message.  But it is with the gratest regret that
we have to tell you we are unable to accept your request.  Those products
are prohibited to sell in overseas markets,without any permission from LEGO.
Please understand our sitation."

As far as the Coca Cola promotional item, I haven't had much luck there
either.  I scoured the Coca Cola web site today to no avail.  I sent an
e-mail to them (comments@coca-colastore.com) asking about the set's US
availability.  Other than a confirmation of my query, I haven't received any
news.  If I hear anything, I'll post it here.

And just to make sure I wasn't missing an easy solution, I checked the LEGO
site for these promotional sets only to find out they are not available
there either.  I didn't think they would be, but I wanted to make sure.

Continuing the hunt...
Karl Barger
http://www.texlug.org

In lugnet.promo, Rene Virsik writes:
WOW !!
Is it possible to order this set from someone in Japan?  And also some other • Kabaya sets ?

Thanx !

Rene

In lugnet.promo, Tom Stangl writes:
I wonder if Brad can get these for us?

Huw Millington wrote:

Santa in truck with polar bear, available in Japan from Coca-Cola

http://www.brickset.com/view.asp?set=1177-1

Huw

  Re: New promo at brickset.com

Ok since LEGO claims to read our posts, I want to x-post this one to somewhere they will readily find it. So now, the ball is in LEGO's court. Come on Brad, Jake, anyone... find someone who has the authority and please give Kabaya permission to sell (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.lego.direct)