 General / 19187
Re: legos biggest mistake is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 19:45:28 GMT

I'll respond to your points but I must say that it seems that you ignored
the rest of my post to make your point.  Read the part of my post under your
quoted lines and you'll see what I mean.

The queen's got the keys because she's the chatelain - in charge of the • running
of the castle from day to day. It's a position of great power and trust.

Good enough explaination to me.  After having a second look at her I'll
admit that she's not as bad as I originally thought..nowhere near as bad
(IMHO) as Pirate Wench or Islander Babe.

Sheesh, LEGO produces *two* positive female role models in a line and • people
have to complain because one of them has breasts painted on to her.  I • think
this is a little bit ridiculous. What effect exactly do you think this is • going
to have
on kids?  They're going to see the cleavage and instantly turn into • rampaging
sex-
crazed perverts?

Hardly.  My point though is that some of the recent female minifigs aren't
quite appropriate for the age TLC is focusing their sets on (last I looked
it was between 6 and 12 years old for System).  I'm just not too comfortable
with a 6 year old boy bringing something like the Pirate Wench up to me and
asking "What's that?" as he points to her cleavage.  As a parent *I'LL*
choose when to discuss the differences between boys and girls, etc, and I'll
thank toy manufacturers to refrain from producing playthings that might
force the issue.

I think that says more about the people with that worry than
it
does about the 'figs themselves.

Agreed (especially with regard to my chastity belt crack...I don't think too
many kids would go there :-).  Again, feel free to call me a prude.

Will

Lego Beach Department of Emergency Services
www.crosswinds.net/~hokie