 General / 19141
Re: legos biggest mistake is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 23:55:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:
selectivly compressing the minifig. The minifig is too wide for its
height and that makes it impossible to truly build to minifig scale.
Does anyone know the reason for the selective compression?

I think Lego's biggest mistake was making minifig darker.  That is, some of
those Aquazone-villain-thingy-monster-minifigs, and the UFO uglies.  That
alone has kept me from buying those sets as gifts.  I like variations on mini-
fig heads, but I've got a certain aversion to demons in my toy box.  And I
betcha most parents who shop creative, postive toys for their kids would avoid
the same sort of stuff.  The reason my mom liked to get us Legos was because
of the absense of Darkness, and the presence of Build, Imagine, Sky's the
Limit.

In fact, I think that whole season of Time Twister, AquaCrud, UFOs, Insectoid,
(and even to a lesser degree the Angry Rock Raider Crew,) all do poorly
because they grate against that innocence.  I think in Rock Raiders, the Rock
Monster is really the good guy.  I don't care what the video game/lego box/
says.