 General / 19160
Re: legos biggest mistake is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 01:50:17 GMT

I would have to agree with you 100%.  I'd even go so far as to add some of
the Ninja, Adventurer, Castle, and Wild West minifigs to your list.  I think
Blacktron and the Black Falcons prove that it's possible to depict "bad
guys" without actually making them look bad.  In the same vein I question
the necessity of the overtly sexy "babe" minifigs.  Call me a prude but I
really don't think kids need to be exposed to that sort of thing while at
play.

Lego Beach Department of Emergency Services
www.crosswinds.net/~hokie

  The only female I found "overtly sexy" was the islander babe.  I'm not real
familiar with the whole line up but that's the only one I can recall
saying, "Boy... I don't know..."  I don't really have a problem with red
lipstick to represent females, but have used smileys with female hair as girls
in a pinch.  I know this may come across as chauvenistic but I've never been
attracted to girls who look/act/belch louder than men...

Markus

Who still holds doors for women even though it makes some feminists boil