 General / *3000 (-100)
  Re: Fence colours

I was browsing thru some of may old fence pieces, and came across an old parts pack from 1982, small set #1209 (in clear plastic bag) which I purchased in Germany. It was sold with the train accessories, and contains 6 red (2x4) pieces and 1 red (...) (26 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I like pink (was Fence colours)

(...) I think that the beds (mattress removed) might make good train flatbeds somehow.... (...) LOL "Love is kinda spooky with a cross-eyed belville girl like you" You make good points. Come to think of it, I don't want *any* dating in my Belville (...) (26 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I like pink (was Fence colours)

That Scala table-top is a really cool piece. I keep trying to work it into space-ships, maybe as a heat-shield or a landing deck. (...) I don't know -- that slightly crossed-eyed look is kind of spooky. Besides, it appears all the females in (...) (26 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Lego site 'Llegogogoch' updated

I know it's not as flash as many other sites, but I've uploaded pictures of what I think might be the first Lego rock concert - click on the 'Photos' link on the left of the main page... (URL) Street Preachers- (URL) (26 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Linking to LUGnet

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) That would be an elegant option to have in this kind of situations. Eric Visit LEGO ON MY MIND: (URL) Control section: (URL) section: (URL) (26 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Joe's LEGO Page Updated

(...) Yes - my thoughts exactly. That skyscraper is indeed awesome. I can't wait to see some of the larger versions of the pics. I did notice though... some of those guys are working rather precariously... Are they hooked up with a good union I (...) (26 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Joe's LEGO Page Updated

(...) Man. we need to get this guy more space somewhere. That 'scraper is awesome. Some of the small touches (the guy taking a break... WITH thermos full of coffee), the guy riveting, the cement bucket, etc. are must see pics. There are hints of (...) (26 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 'Strange' piece in Lego Chess

(...) I've just realized that (only a few days ago) this piece used as train car windows in late 1970's, of course in clear form, but with decorations (frame). Check out instructions of 164 from kl.net. Selçuk (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: hats

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <36D94D93.8CA8194B@v...er.net>... (...) In bulk they'd be cheaper, yes? Todd? Maybe I'd even go to $30, if it's got good color. But that's pushing it. Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? (...) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Joe's LEGO Page Updated

Hi All: I've added a second town page and some other Lego projects to my site. Most pics are just thumbnails right now. Soon they will link to larger versions when I get more space. Please stop by! (URL) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I like pink (was Fence colours)

John, (...) Either you are very ambitious, have a ton of bricks somewhere, or completely crazy, but good luck either way! My new year's resolution was not to buy any Town Junior, except the boats for the hulls. As for Scala, my mini-figs have enough (...) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.trains)

  Re: I like pink (was Fence colours)

Try incorporating Scala! TLG has divided and conquered my bank account as my family tries to operated _3_ separate Lego universes-- Belville, Scala, and TrainsTrainsTrains. We have yet to explore the possibilities of inter dimensional contact, but (...) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fence colours

Larry, (And all) I am looking for the pink parts that I have, I know I have them somewhere, I sorted out everything in terms of part and most by color, so it is just a matter of time. I will tell you what I have and see what bids I get. (I have been (...) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego sighting - Top 5 List for Feb 25 1999

Forget Spock. If I had that many bricks, it would be the U.S.S. Enterprise! As a matter of disclaimer, I am engaged and my fiancee loves to buy me Lego's! Scott Sanburn (...) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I like pink (was Fence colours)

To each his/her own, folks, in terms of Lego sets anyway! :) In my humble opinion, I think Belville is still better than Town Junior! I liked Paradisa much better than Belville, I can't incorporate Belville in my Lego Universe anyhow.... Scott (...) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I like pink (was Fence colours)

OKAY, FINE As long as we're all coming out of the closet, I like ...Belville! And Scala, too!! Or, as my daughter and I like to call them, "Barbie Legos" (sic). If you think that _any_ of those jaundiced technic guys would go for a (if they ever (...) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: hats

These hats fit all the criteria except price, at least at the one-off level. They are pretty good quality hats, with cloth sizing adjusters and the design is embroidered in. The booth attendent used a DOS based program to set up the embroidery (...) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: hats

Christopher Masi wrote in message <36D75A21.218AB64C@c...ne.edu>... (...) I'd pay $25 if I had to for a good quality cap (embroidered, not screen printed, and a cloth size adjuster, not plastic. Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for (...) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Help! Need piece inventory

Hi All, Just got two old technic sets with boxes but all the pieces were in one of the boxes. This isn't normally a problem as I just build the primary model to see if all the pieces are there. Its far more difficult to tell when the sets are (...) (26 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: T-shirts (was Re: hats)

(...) Just don't render your spaceship with a pool of blood around it or anything... heh heh Scott (26 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: T-shirts (was Re: hats)

[Removed lugnet.market.shopping from 'Newsgroups' header and added lugnet.publish] (...) Not necessarily. I'm positive that it depends highly on the specific imagery and usage. Suzanne and I had a meeting with a couple TLG attorneys in October of (...) (26 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: animated lego movie

(...) Hey, Todd....Waltham...Mass? A minifest in Boston.. A cross post to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos! You guys are based in MA! There is a group of LEGO fanatics that get together regularly in Massachusetts?! I have got to get back up there! After 23 (...) (26 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: hats

Hi Larry, I would buy one including shipping I'd pay $25...I'd prefer <20 but I would spring for $25 to have such an original. Too bad it would never hae a LEGO Logo, a Lugnet logo, and the RTL thing. LEGO might do there own hat, but that would lose (...) (26 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: T-shirts (was Re: hats)

(...) I have a feeling that whether you are leagally allowed to use the image or not the LEGO Group would ask you not to use it. Chris (...) (26 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: animated lego movie

[Added lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos to newsgroups list] (...) Hey Joshua! Welcome! I loved your photos BTW that you brought to TCS last summer! (...) I don't think it's really inappropriate -- not when it's mentioned in passing like this and you haven't (...) (26 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: Curiosity...

I have been to the "Everything Lego" site several times, it is very imformative. But it is not catagorized in any particulay way, looking for anything in particular takes a while. I think that if I can somewhat catagorize a similar list of links it (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Curiosity...

(...) I agree that Everything LEGO has an excellent reference guide, but it can be a bit overwhelming. Also, the personal sites are organized by last name only. A shorter list with descriptions for each link can sometimes be more useful, especially (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: T-shirts (was Re: hats)

(...) (Please correct me if I'm wrong) As long as you don't include the word LEGO anywhere and use your own model, no one can prove it is LEGO and not just some arrangement of polygons that you came up with. Therefore, it should be perfectly legal! (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: hats

(...) Sorry, I wasn't trying to encourage using the logo without your permission, Todd. Also, I realize that it would be very difficult to embroider the back-lighting behind the studs! --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  animated lego movie

Hi everyone! I'm josh. I've been quietly been building a huge lego collection over the past couple of years and checking out the cool lego sites (not to mention some awful sites that slipped through the cracks ;) . So I feel that I know whats going (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Linking to LUGnet

(...) Eric, Would it be useful to you if there were an alternate entry page for framed sites such as LEGO On My Mind? A page that would be OK to load in a frame, which would then expand later to "_top" if the user clicked for more info? --Todd (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: T-shirts (was Re: hats)

(...) IANAL ("I Am Not A Lawyer") so take this with a grain of salt, but for the most accurate and safest answer, consult an attorney who specializes in trademarks and trade dress and that sort of thing. Generally, if you produced original artwork (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  T-shirts (was Re: hats)

Hi all, Are any of you knowledgable of restrictions that would be placed on including Lego images on a T-shirt? Can I take a POV rendering of a spaceship built of Lego, and use it as T-shirt art? Does any kind of credit have to be given to Lego? (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Buying Leg via Internet

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999 07:02:04 GMT, Stefan Prescher uttered the following profundities... (...) Check Carbon-60's sig. In it is a toy store (not Busy-Bee, the other one), that will ship MIS anywhere. (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: hats

They do:) (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: hats

(...) Ditto. When I was stationed at DLI in Monterrey I had to go to Fort Ord to buy headgear, and half the time they had to special order it. (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: hats

(...) I'd take at least two hats, especially if you can get an order of 100, then I might take 4. I'd take some t-shirts as well as long as they could come in XXXL. (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Steep Corner Slopes.

(...) De Haar? The Dutch castle? Wow.. You must be the first non-Dutch person I've heard of that knows it exists... Jasper (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This is Lugnet

(...) Not if you spell the abbreviation for America Online right, ie. AOHell. Jasper (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  FOTW.

My Find for the week: Local thriftstore: Most of a Metroliner for ~$90. this appears to be Basically the three carriages, without the track, figs & the "station" (?) that sits next to the tracks. I made a downpayment, not quite having enough cash, (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Curiosity...

Fred, Michael Dorneich has an superb website which is literally a table of contents for who's who in LEGO. It's called the "MCPD's LEGO INTERNET RESOURCES QUICK REFERENCES GUIDE" (ie Everything LEGO) located here: (URL) is very helpful, and will (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: hats

One quick point, the hat I did is text only. I have permission for text only, and have no intent of a logoed version until and unless the trademark holder (that's Todd and Suz) grants it. I don't anticipate that in time for the opening. (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Linking to LUGnet

Fred Carcanague III wrote in message ... (...) this (...) In general nobody will object to (and even appreciate) putting such a link on a website, as long as: 1) it's in proper context (which it definitely is in your case) 2) the target is (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Ninja castles and white ninja

(...) I'll probably wind up buying this if I can ever find it on sale. Unfortunately, my housemates never told me that I got the coupons from the mania club, so I missed out on my chance to use them then. :/ (...) Yep, that's the Ninja Princess. (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Curiosity...

Amendment to my post... After reading the post about SIGMA and copyrights, I have come to the conclusion that some people might not want a link to their web page. If this is the case please let me know and I will omit you from the appropriate list. (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Curiosity...

I'm in the process of making my Lego web page and was wondering if anyone minds if I place a link to their Lego related web page. I did a rough count of my Lego Favorite places last night and came up with about 150 links. Most of which I visited (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: hats

(...) Swollen with modeling ideas, no doubt. (1) -- Terry K -- 1. many, I am sure, featuring Throwbots pieces. (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Ninja castles and white ninja

Ran down to Zellers (15% off Lego (this is _good_ here in the Great White North!)), clutching my extra 10% off certificate, and came home with about $400 worth of Lego (CN.. that's about $267 US). One Flying Ninja Fortress, one 4559 Cargo Railway, (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: hats

(...) Thanks, Todd. I will put it on my page soon.... Scott Sanburn (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: hats

(...) It's rather informal... As long as you use the HTML code shown, you're free to display the image it on as many webpages as you like. You don't need to have a disclaimer stating that the page is not part of the www.lugnet.com website, but the (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: hats

(...) Bram, A couple things are worth noting here: 1. That image isn't really a version of the logo. Note that it's in the wrong orientation (flipped along one axis and rotated 90 degrees) and apart from it not having solid flat edges, it also has 6 (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: hats

Todd, I never saw that before, I must add it to my website. is there a disclaimer on how to use it? Scott Sanburn (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: hats

(...) Quality peeve in baseball caps: Roughly one in every fifty I try on actually fits my oversized head. If / when you do license the logo for use on hats and you're looking for a manufacturer, please please please keep us bigheads in mind. And (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: hats

(...) Eventually, yes. Suzanne and I have been talking about creating a formal licensing program for the logo and also about contracting with a few companies who can do things like this in quantities of 100 or more. We think it would be fun to put (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: hats

(...) If you use a black cap, you could go with the backlit version of the LUGNET Logo :) [1] --Bram 1: If you don't know what I'm talking about, click on the link about the Lugnet logo at (URL) Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: hats

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <36D55BCB.8897929D@v...er.net>... (...) Weren't we going to do that through Lugnet eventually, with a specific Lugnet pattern or something? I think the Lugnet logo (the traingle and "Lugnet") on a black cap might (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Buying Leg via Internet

I am willing to supply Mindstorms to Europe - simply fill out the order form at www.jane-villa.demon...go-001.htm and I'll send you shipping prices by return. MindStorms RIS = 165 UKP RoboSports = 45 UKP Extreme Creatures = 45 UKP I can accept (...) (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This is Lugnet

(...) (URL) (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This is Lugnet

Todd--Where could one find Schin's guide? (...) (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: hats

My sister operates an embroidery business that specializes in small quanties of apparell (hats, shirts, jackets, etc.) She can be reached via her web site: (URL) would imagine she would be more than happy to do small quantities. She has done stuff (...) (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: This is Lugnet

(...) It's an abbreviation for: Adult Fan of LEGO It was coined by Matthew Verdier on June 14, 1995 in a post to RTL. I use it from time to time because it's shorter than writing "Adult LEGO Maniac" or "adult," but it kind of gives me the creeps too (...) (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Steep Corner Slopes.

(...) Yup! I was/am working on a keep that has one side going down into water, and the steep slopes work great as a flared base, except that it looks kinda funny where it meets in the corner. :-( How am I ever going to realize (one of) my dreams - (...) (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Steep Corner Slopes.

  Lego sighting - Top 5 List for Feb 25 1999

LEGO was mentioned in today's Top 5 list. Today's topic was: "The Top 13 Signs You're Going To Spend The Rest Of Your Life Single (Part I)" The Number 1 sign: 1. Who has time for dating when you're building a life-size Spock out of Legos? Go to (...) (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This is Lugnet

(...) Good! Now someone can tell me what AFOL means. :-, All Full Of Legos? Anonymous Fulcrum Obligatory Lampshade? A Fancy Old Lute? Aardvark Finch Oriole Lark? Cheers, - jsproat (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: hats

Also available: "Larritarian society" tees. I got mine; do you have yours? :-) -John (...) (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  hats

I was at Mall of America last night and I had a hat made at a place that does custom embroidery on baseball caps. It's bright red. Pretty close to TLG Logo red, actually. On the front it says "I read RTL" in big letters, and on the back (in an arch (...) (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Dilemma: How best to honor Gary Louie

Thanks all for your thoughts. I got some good offline suggestions as well, and what I'm seeing form as a consensus is to auction off whatever stuff ends up being donated (there's no need to actually send it to me, the donators can just send to the (...) (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fence colours

Ha ha - sorry, Scott, I think I forgot the smiley on my question. I wasn't trying to be awkward. But yes, if I'm thinking of the right set (6416 Poolside Paradisa) then it is a great set, with some great looking pieces. Definitely very high on my (...) (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fence colours

Funny that. I was sure I was the only one who liked the pink as well. The main problem I had with Paradisa was I was never too keen on _white_... Kinda - reminds me of back about 10 years ago when half the people I knew liked Kylie Minogue singles - (...) (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Buying Leg via Internet

You still can not buy every Lego set in Germany (f.e. Mindstorms). Does any one know a internet shop which will send the stuff to Germany? Stefan Prescher prescher@hermes.fho-emden.de (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation 1st answers

(...) 100? HA! I need 500-100 for one project alone, to do it justice. Thing is, that will never happen, so the project will never be 100% complete. (...) Yes, more survey cards is DEFINITELY a good idea. (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation 1st answers

(...) From 1986 until 1996 I bought, or had bought for me one copy of each technic set available in shops. Occasionally I would also obtain other 'interesting' sets, so I would put my annual spending in the 500-1000 pounds range, and I am still in (...) (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Mindstorms available again...

I was at my local TRU in Wisconsin and discovered 10 Mindstorms there, price is still the same. Also both expansions sets and a different set for Mindstorms that I havn't seen before, w/cool wheels. (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fence colours

I got the house simply because I thought it was a neat set, and I wanted to have a pool in my house as well. The fact that it had a good deal of pink bricks did not concern me because I replaced them with white or gray or black pieces. It was one of (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fence colours

Let me see what I have pink wise, and I will let everyone know! Scott Sanburn P.S. I am keeping the staircase, however! (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fence colours

Your Lego collection and building skills distinctiveness will be added with our own. Great, now I am an assimilator. I only wish I could assimilate some more Lego collections... Heh heh heh.. Scott Sanburn (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Dilemma: How best to honor Gary Louie

(...) It wasn't paid for, and I didn't think it appropriate to bill the family. Maybe I should have said that in my first post. (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Dilemma: How best to honor Gary Louie

(...) Not to be picky, but shouldn't that box go to his family and they decide what to do with the parts? (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Dilemma: How best to honor Gary Louie

(...) This is what I was thinking too. Use whatever money is made to buy basic and freestyle buckets and donate them to a Christmas for the underprivileged (I hate that word) program. I have a box packed and addressed, ready to send to Gary with his (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Dilemma: How best to honor Gary Louie

I would think a donation to some type of Toys for Kids (Toys for Tots even) organization in Gary's name would be a good one. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | | Please do not associate my personal views with my (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Dilemma: How best to honor Gary Louie

I've a bit of a quandary that I could use some advice on. Mike Collins had a deal going with Gary and several others for Octan Twin Tank Transports ((URL) sent out and received payment for all the rest, but not from Gary. Mike decided he'd made (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fence colours

(...) But you sure as heck come close! ;) (...) Hmmm... Jeff Stembel (Ten of One) just doesn't sound right... ;) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Low Corner Slopes in Roof Parts Packs?

<36D449DD.58F405FA@umich.edu> <F7oAsz.C6z@lugnet.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit (...) I'll just use logic. Consider the convex... if it works, then the concave has to as well, as the edges must be (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fence colours

(...) Those are gear racks, not lattice pieces. Look at the Launch and Load Seaport, which has 3 white 1x16 lattice pieces. Jeff (...) has to (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Low Corner Slopes in Roof Parts Packs?

(...) by adding a 1x3 slope to each side) it would increase attachable area, and stabilize the piece. This could also be done with the medium slope (increase to 3x3 with 1x2 slope area added to each side.) Of course, If they went and did all of the (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Low Corner Slopes in Roof Parts Packs?

(...) ^^^...^^^ (...) Rob (...) because (...) exist (...) Yup, I said that first, I just neglected to use accepted terminology :) I'm not sure that the concave (or inside corner, if you prefer) would give enough area to attach to a stud at the (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Low Corner Slopes in Roof Parts Packs?

(...) It was always my understanding that the reason that roof pieces have a lip (i.e. the small vertical edge before the slope starts) was to provide a standard way, independent of slope angle, to keep the interior side of the slope from "crashing (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Low Corner Slopes in Roof Parts Packs?

(...) James, if you want a low-slope gable connector, then I'd want (most assuredly Rob Farver too) a low-slope INSIDE CORNER 3x3 brick, which also doesn't exist, because that is the piece that would give a low-slope gable connector a reason to (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Low Corner Slopes in Roof Parts Packs?

(...) Hmm - It *should* be possible - unless I'm horribly mistaken (won't know for sure until I get home and do some comparisons), the area for a single stud on a pyramid roof peak should be the same as the area for a stud in the "corner" of a (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Question to Collectors

Thinking about your dilemma, you could[1] grab all ten copies of a single bag, and sort out the pieces from that bag. Repeat for all bags. Then build one model to discover the required pieces, and collect 10x from each pile. BTW, I may be having an (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  One last time... (Looking for a Dacta catalog)

Pitsco will not send me a catalog because I live outside the USA. Spectrum, their Canadian distributor, doesn't have much of a selection in their catalogs when it comes to LEGO/Dacta, but they can order some stuff that isn't in their catalogs. So, I (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Question to Collectors

Don't get me wrong -- I'm glad they didn't do a Town, Jr. sort on it (which would have helped you out). But usually the parts are sorted into baggies a bit more logically, by size. I can imagine these things required an inefficient setup in the (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Question to Collectors

They could've put them on the *outside* of the crate, on the clear plastic lid. That is (a) where it belongs and (b) easier to remove. Has DACTA always been manufactured in Europe? I thought it used to be a US-only thing. Steve (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Giving away Lego...

Since, everyone is "sharing"... My nephew was born with several heart defects, and unfortunately he did not make it. During one visit to his grave I gave him my favorite knight. My brother cleans the knight off and stands him up when he goes to (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  This is Lugnet

onyx wrote in message ... (...) there.. Thank you Lugnet!!! For the organization and civility. With the switch from a single large newsgroup, we (AFOL) have been advanced light years in what can be accomplished. I just had this thought when I read (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Oh CANADA.... S@H weekly specials begin!

The first posting of the Canadian S@H weekly specials were put in *.lsahs (Followup-To this group), but I also put them in lugnet.announce since it was the first time :) I will volunteer to post to the group like Tom does for the states. LINC (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fence colours

Darn. I though I was the only one that liked that pink color. I've got a book on Miami Beach Art Deco Architecture of the 1930's. WOW, it is awesome! I plan on recreating some of these fabulous Art Deco Moderne 1930's pastel creations using some of (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fence colours

Ya know folks, this is what I really love about being in contact with all of you AFOL's, both in Lugnet and RTL - sharing all this info. (It certainly is more satisfying than flaming newbies, or going of on senseless threads ...) No single one of us (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fence colours

(...) Put them up for auction - I'll be after those as well :) (Us paradisa pink brick lovers come out of the closet) But why on Earth have you got a Paradisa set if you don't want pink bricks...? If anyone got any blue or yellow fences to sell as (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact