 General / 2913
Re: Low Corner Slopes in Roof Parts Packs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 19:11:55 GMT

James Brown wrote:

Jasper Janssen writes:

Good question... looking at my 2*4 low slope peaks, I have a feeling
you may indeed be right about too little clearance :(

Hmm - It *should* be possible - unless I'm horribly mistaken (won't know
for sure until I get home and do some comparisons), the area for a single
stud on a pyramid roof peak should be the same as the area for a stud in
the "corner" of a corner piece.  They should be the same area, given that
it's the same shape, and the angle of the slope doesn't change.

It was always my understanding that the reason that roof pieces
have a lip (i.e. the small vertical edge before the slope starts)
was to provide a standard way, independent of slope angle, to keep
the interior side of the slope from "crashing into" the studs any
of the pieces that fasten to the bottom of the roof piece.

Given this, it should be possible to produce this piece (1x2 low slope
peak) or any other low slope analogs of regular sloped pieces.

What I want to see is a 3x3 concave corner piece. - Anyone (with more
math skills than me) want to see if that's possible?

It is possible.