 General / 2902
Re: Fence colours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:26:44 GMT

Ya know folks,  this is what I really love about being in contact with all of
you AFOL's, both in Lugnet and RTL -  sharing all this info.  (It certainly
is more satisfying than flaming newbies, or going of on senseless threads
...)  No single one of us has all the missing pieces to the "puzzle" we call
LEGO.  But collectively we put these puzzles together in lightning speed.
Collectively we are the most knowledgeable (known) LEGO reference source
available anywhere.  It sort of  feels like being a LEGO version of the Star
Trek BORG - the Collective - we will assimilate (resistance is futile).....

Gary Istok (One of One)

Joshua Delahunty wrote:

Kevin Wilson wrote:

Simon wrote:
What colours have these fences been produced in? I remember having
quite a few red ones of both types and white ones of the higher brick
when I was a kiddie in the 70s, though I can't remember what sets they
came from. Did Lego ever do blue or yellow ones? (or black ones of the
high fence)?

I have yellow, white and pink (Paradisa) in the high ones, and yellow,
white, pink and black in the low ones.

I sure wish they still produced the white ones, which are far more use
as fences than any of the others. I also have 4 gates which came with
the white ones in the 70's and I don't see available now.

In the "high" ones?

In 1995, 4142 Freestyle set had 4
In 1996, the Scorpion Detector had 2
In 1997, 4133 3+ Freestyle bucket had 4
In 1998, (tho this is rare), the Soccer/Football set 3311 Camera Tower
had a whopping 9 of them.

So they're still making them in white.

If you meant the "low" version:
1996: 6404 Carriage Ride: 2
1996: 6765 Gold City Junction: 1
1997: 4138 Freestyle set: 4

The _gates_ on the other hand, are worth lamenting.  Last seen (in
white) in 4536 Hopper Car (4 of them -- mother lode here) and the 4558
Metroliner (only one copy), both from 1991/92. Last seen _at_all_ in
Lt-Purple in Belville set 5840 Garden Playmates in 1995.  They've never
been all that common anyway. :(

(Too bad there's no 6316 style set out now)

                                        -- joshua