 General / 2843
2842  |  2844
Subject:
Fence colours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:23:27 GMT

Here's a query to test your Lego knowledge.

I'm curious about the trellis fences. The ones I mean are the ones
with a 1 x 4 base. They have a trellis fence style (think that's the right
word - diagonal criss-crossed pattern).

There's one that's 2 basic
bricks high with the fence in the middle of the brick, common in the early
70s, but doesn't seem to have been used much recently. My only ones at
the moment are red ones from 4554 Metro Station. There's also a lower
one, one basic brick high, with the fence along one edge of the brick.
I think this one was introduced a bit later. The aquanauts/hydronauts
used black ones of these quite a bit, though not for fences.

What colours have these fences been produced in? I remember having
quite a few red ones of both types and white ones of the higher brick
when I was a kiddie in the 70s, though I can't remember what sets they
came from. Did Lego ever do blue or yellow ones? (or black ones of the
high fence)?

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com