 General / 2881
Re: Fence colours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 20:38:01 GMT

Rob Farver wrote:

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999 14:40:43 GMT, Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote:

2) 2x4 - fence doors.  These have the swivel top and immovable base (it looks
like a 1x4 plate).  These were available in the fence service packs.  These are
not all that rare.  The Thatcher Perkins Locomotive model builders set (#396)
has 2 of these in the back of the locomotive.  I only know of these in red, but
they might also exist in black.

4558 Metroliner has one in white, and 4536 Blue Hopper car has 4 in white (plus
2 1x4x1 in white). (and you thought I only knew about slopes :)

There are also swinging fence doors in a smaller size, 1x3x2.  Four red sets (swivel
top and immovable base) come in set 190, and two black sets come in the 6362 Post
Office.  These are the truly rare fence doors.  I'm sure they are in a couple more
sets, but these are the only I am aware of.  You can see the black doors at
http://www.kl.net/scans/6000/6362/ in step 3 or 4 I think.  (Thanks Kevin!)

--Mike Ulring