 General / 2884
Re: Fence colours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 20:48:41 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:

Simon wrote:
What colours have these fences been produced in? I remember having
quite a few red ones of both types and white ones of the higher brick
when I was a kiddie in the 70s, though I can't remember what sets they
came from. Did Lego ever do blue or yellow ones? (or black ones of the
high fence)?

I have yellow, white and pink (Paradisa) in the high ones, and yellow,
white, pink and black in the low ones.

I sure wish they still produced the white ones, which are far more use
as fences than any of the others. I also have 4 gates which came with
the white ones in the 70's and I don't see available now.

In the "high" ones?

In 1995, 4142 Freestyle set had 4
In 1996, the Scorpion Detector had 2
In 1997, 4133 3+ Freestyle bucket had 4
In 1998, (tho this is rare), the Soccer/Football set 3311 Camera Tower
had a whopping 9 of them.

So they're still making them in white.

If you meant the "low" version:
1996: 6404 Carriage Ride: 2
1996: 6765 Gold City Junction: 1
1997: 4138 Freestyle set: 4

The _gates_ on the other hand, are worth lamenting.  Last seen (in
white) in 4536 Hopper Car (4 of them -- mother lode here) and the 4558
Metroliner (only one copy), both from 1991/92. Last seen _at_all_ in
Lt-Purple in Belville set 5840 Garden Playmates in 1995.  They've never
been all that common anyway. :(

(Too bad there's no 6316 style set out now)

-- joshua