 General / 2846
Re: Fence colours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:01:49 GMT

In message <F7Lor3.HFJ@lugnet.com>
          "Simon Robinson" <simon.robinson@sdxplc.com> wrote:

What colours have these fences been produced in? I remember having
quite a few red ones of both types and white ones of the higher brick
when I was a kiddie in the 70s, though I can't remember what sets they
came from. Did Lego ever do blue or yellow ones? (or black ones of the
high fence)?

I think you'll find they were both around in the seventies. For example the
381 Police Station from 1979 has both types in yellow. My own first set (now
gone to the great parents' jumble sale in the sky), the 370 Police
Headquarters (1972), has a single small yellow fence forming a window in the
garage.

I don't recall ever seeing any blue ones, or large black ones, but I'm sure
someone else has.

My favourite thing about the lattice fences is that they actually accept
LEGO studs firmly. That's the sort of design detail that LEGO used to be
famous for.

--
Kevin Bracey, Senior Software Engineer
Acorn Computers Ltd                           Tel: +44 (0) 1223 725228