 General / 2883
Re: Fence colours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 20:42:00 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:

3) 2x3 - fence doors.  These are very rare, and came in old train sets from the
70's.  They were used the same way as in the Thatcher Perkins Locomotive, but
since the LEGO train locomotives were smaller than the huge Thatcher Perkins,
they were only 3 bricks wide instead of 4 bricks wide, due to the smaller
scale.  These opened and closed the same way as the 2x4 fence doors.  A few of
the ones I purchased in German LEGO dealer train accessories, came with 3 long
lattice top, but with a 4 long immovable base, hence a 1 stud gap in the fence
opening.  I'm not sure if LEGO intentionally sold them that way, since I'm not a
LEGO train expert, or if the German dealer put odds and ends together that may
not have belonged.  I know of these 1x3's only in red and black.

I replied to Rob's post to mention these 2x3 size doors, not reading this post first
(oops).  I too am only aware of them coming in red and black, the red ones I have
are from 190 and black from 6362.

--Mike