 General / 3048
Re: Fence colours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 18:44:10 GMT

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 10:02:20 GMT, Simon Robinson uttered the following
profundities...
Wow! Thanks, Gary (and Steve for your other reply).

That was an impressive explanation - answered several questions. And I
know have another word in my vocabulary (gable) :)  I haven't heard
the term 'dormer' before so I assume that's a US one.

I'll have to have a look in the UK Service Pack brochures to see if we
have any black roof packs. If we do I'll be snapping some of them up.
Not sure I've got any brochures yet. I've so far only bought one 1999 set
- and that was very small and I can't remember if it had a service pack
thingy in it.

Not to worry if you don't have one, I have a few.
The black roof brick service pack, 5216, is *not* in the 1999
European Service brochure. :o(
Nor do we get 5152 (low sloped bricks)
5161 (inverted roof bricks) Correction(1)
5151 (steep sloped bricks) (though both 5151/2 are = 625?)
5215 (green bricks)
5140-5 (red/blue/white/yellow/black or grey bricks)
5217 (black plates)
5146-7(Blue/red plates)
We do get 5321 (large white plates-GBP3.90) &
5320 (small white plates-GBP3.90)
Those plates packs, BTW, cost USD4.50(~GBP2.72) through S@H!
So, not only do we get ****** on price, we get
****** ** *** **** on selection, too.
However, as the black bricks first appeared a few months ago,
many months after the initial release of Ninja, where they
make their most frequent appearance, we *might* get
them next year. Might be worthwhile to ask for some
in future trades/transactions......
--
(1) This *is* available from Lego service, at GBP2.65!!!!!!!!
We do have *some* recourse on the plates and bricks packs: Dacta.
The bricks ones are only available in 4 colours, red,
yellow, and black, and have fewer/different piece distributions,
cost GBP5.99, numbers 9933,9934, and 9935, respectively.
Plates, again, have different numbers/piece distribution, the
2xn plates are Technic-holed plates, and are in red, blue,
yellow, and black, cost GBP6.79, and are numbers 9929,9930,
9931, and 9932, respectively. The Service ones have 66 pieces
at GBP3.90. But, different varieties may well justify different
pricing......
Many items sold through Dacta are cheaper than through the service
catalog, where things are the same, but not always! Often, Dacta
prices don't include shipping or VAT. The supplier is Commotion
Ltd, 'phone #01732-773390. More details, some scans are on my
site.....
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/