 General / 2919
Dilemma: How best to honor Gary Louie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 20:34:39 GMT

I've a bit of a quandary that I could use some advice on.

Mike Collins had a deal going with Gary and several others for Octan
Twin Tank Transports (http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=4537-1).
Mike sent out and received payment for all the rest, but not from Gary.
Mike decided he'd made enough from the rest to cover his costs and then
some, and sent the one he had allocated to Gary to me instead

He's asked me to auction it off and to donate the proceeds to something
that would honor Gary. I feel that's a pretty remarkable thing and I'm
rather pleased to be Mike's friend!

Auctioning it will be no problem but I'm at a loss for what would be a
good thing to do with the proceeds. Had thought of putting it in the
kitty for the ldraw.org domain but that didn't really seem best, Gary
wasn't that involved with LDraw.

What do people think would be a good charity or cause to support? Feel
free to respond directly if you'd rather not post. I'll probably donate
a set in myself to make the auction a bit bigger. (separate lots)

Stop the FDIC from spying on us! Go to
http://www.defendyourprivacy.com and sign the petition.
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.