 General / 2933
Re: Dilemma: How best to honor Gary Louie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 14:12:08 GMT

Thanks all for your thoughts.

I got some good offline suggestions as well, and what I'm seeing form as
a consensus is to auction off whatever stuff ends up being donated
(there's no need to actually send it to me, the donators can just send
to the winners at the end of the auction) take the money, shop in as
economical way as possible to buy the maximum Lego obtainable, and
donate the resulting pile of Lego to some childrens house or support
organization, preferably to one for victims of Gary's disease (if he DID
die of a disease, I haven't found anyone that knows this yet), in Gary's
name.

If the organization was somehow train related (a stretch, I know) that
would be even better.

Anyone who wishes to donate something to this auction, please let me
know. Best if you send a description suitable for use in an auction
listing as well as contact info. I'll wait a few weeks and then run the
auction on Lugnet and RTL.

Anyone who has more information is also welcome to contact me.

Stop the FDIC from spying on us! Go to
http://www.defendyourprivacy.com and sign the petition.
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.