 General / 2953
2952  |  2954
Subject:
Ninja castles and white ninja
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 05:27:57 GMT

Ran down to Zellers (15% off Lego (this is _good_ here in the Great
White North!)), clutching my extra 10% off certificate, and came home
with about $400 worth of Lego (CN.. that's about $267 US).

One Flying Ninja Fortress, one 4559 Cargo Railway, two Emperor's
Strongholds, one 8250 technic sub (opened box, so already marked down by
about 25%), a 835pc freestyle tub and a liddle pack of Town people.

We built the Flying Ninja Fortress this evening. It's quite interesting,
though not something I'd buy for its own sake. Lizzie immediately
rebuilt the ninja flyer without its logs, into something that looks like
it might get off the ground. Amazingly (first time ever), there was a
missing part - a 1x8 grey plate. What I really bought this for was
a) the grey sloped rock pieces (retianing walls! train embankments!
seawalls!)
b) all the low slope black roof pieces (and there are a _lot_)
c) black medium slope roof pieces were nice too, though they are now
available from S@H
d) lots of steep slope black roof pieces
e) big brown doors (engine shed doors!)
f) railings - 7 1x4x2 brown railings and 3 1x4x1 white lattice fences
g) 1x1x5 white pillars: I disapprove of the 1x2 and even 2x2 (!) pillars
but the 1x1's are really useful.

The Emperor's strongholds look good too: what surprised me was that the
White Ninja in this set (does it appear anywhere else?) is a woman! Very
cool. I am intending to sell the figs from these sets later on but
Lizzie may just want to keep one of the white ninjas.

Going to ration myself to one set per day <g>. Tomorrow, the Technic
sub!

Kevin