 Events / BrickFest / *858 (-100)
  Re: Space Outing at BFest

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:Gz1Lv4.3uF@lugnet.com... (...) All I remember is paying alot of money for food I didn't like eating at my High School cafeteria, and being blinded by the sun coming through the all (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Need a Roommate?

Could those of you that are still looking for a roommate please contact me @ info@brickfest.com Christina Hitchcock BrickFest 2002 (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Not specifically BF, but generally.... (...) yes,yes (...) yes,depends (see below),no (...) generally fine, long as its not derogatory or anything. (...) no (...) Depends on the show. Generally I'd prefer this not to be done at a show. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Yes. Yes. If I were going to Brickfest (and I'm not, sniff), I would be bringing things for public display. (...) Yes. No. No. On this last, I have no idea why someone is taking pictures--maybe they're just into trains and so they don't care (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Traveling from airport to the fest

Cab fair should be $10 to $15 but they will charge you for luggage. If you chose to take the Metro you will want to get on the blue line to Rosylin (5 stops) switch to the orange line traveling toward Vianna /Fairfax and travel for 4 stops to the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Traveling from airport to the fest

Does anyone know what cab fare would be, approximately, from Reagan-National to Brickfest (more specifically, to the Hilton)? Could anyone describe a few details on how to take Metro from Reagan? (like number of transfers, costs, methods of travel- (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Call for automated 9v train switches at Brickfest 2002

I think it would also be nice to collect as much as possible links to automated point MOC projects on a single reference page. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Ideally I'd like to take 2-5 minutes. 10-20 minutes would be toward the extreme. The last thing I want to do is get in the way, so you shoo me away at any time if that happens -- my stuff is pretty portable. My lighting is just a pair of (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  The Brickelodeon Theatre and Performing Arts Center

The City of Brickmond is proud to announce the completion of its latest public works project: The Brickelodeon Theatre and Performing Arts Center. The Brickelodeon is an outdoor venue that will alternate between various brickmation programs and (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.animation, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Depends on the situation. I have never been to a BrickFest but I did go to BricksWest. I won't be at BrickFest this year, either. :-( (...) Yes. (...) Yes. (...) A snapshot, no. An involved set up picture, that involves moving things around (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

It's been a year since I've been there, but last I was there they were doing a bit of remodeling (or something odd, lots of dust, detours, etc). Semi-decent food, not much selection though, and a bit expensive. Time to the nearest Metro station from (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) <snip> I don't mind people taking pictures of something I've built, I take that as a compliment. I'm not sure why anyone might want a picture of *me*, though... <grin> I think that most people who bring MOCs to a fest are doing it to 'show (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

(...) No admission for entering either...your taxes paid for that! It's the foodthat will set you back:) However, the hours are only until 5:00 pm, I think. That could be a REAL downer. Joe (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

----- Original Message ----- From: "Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> To: <lugnet.events.brick...gnet.com>; <lugnet.publish.phot...gnet.com>; <lugnet.general@lugnet.com> Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 12:12 PM Subject: Photographer etiquette (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

(...) DO you have to be a member of the Smithsonian or pay admission in order to eat in the restaurant??? That may be a bit of a downer. (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Yes and totally. I think it's very much par for the course for displayed pieces to be photographed. Anyone who wishes to be an exception to this might consider a little card or note by their display to reflect that. (...) Mildly flattering, (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Yes, yes. (it is an unreasonable expectation not to get pics taken of stuff, sharing ideas is part of being a fan!) (...) Yes, no, no. (...) Depends. With proper credit (or at least presented as "these are pics I took of creations") it's fine. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

Wow, that's a lot of questions... (...) That's what happened last year, so I expect the same this year. (...) I'm bringing my work to Brickfest specifically to show it off. As such, I don't mind at all if people take pictures, whether I'm there or (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

What do you consider proper etiquette for taking photos at an event like BrickFest? I love taking pictures -- but I can get kinda trigger-happy. Please share your thoughts on the questions below! You're an exhibitor... * Do you take it as a given (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.general)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

rather than pin down the time NOW how about if we pin down a meeting place and time for all of us at BFest and then we can discuss our schedules I know I have to keep mine pretty open during the day on Saturday evening might be better... -paul (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

(...) Count me in! Joe (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

It is definately easy to get to as the metro lets out about 1000 feet from the museum and there is a stop near the university. They serve burgers, fries, and other fast food type items. Ken (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

"Chris Giddens" <cgidd1@aol.com> wrote in message news:GyzzMq.It7@lugnet.com... (...) Space (...) interested?? (...) You know I'm down. :-) Saturday is the best day for something like this for me as well. -Jon -- | The Shipyard - (URL) My Lego (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

(...) Well it's been talked about a bit to have a space lunch at the Air and Space Museum restaurant (The Wright Place) on Saturday. It's a short hop via Metro from what I understand, and they're fast about service (again from what I hear). It would (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  i still need to pay

Can i please still attend i am going to send in my 90$ for me andmy dad as soon has i know i can go. i know i missed the dead line but i realy want to go. Please is you say i can go ill send in a singhed note from my dad saying i will be under (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Space Outing at BFest

uh, duh, the anniversary of the first moon landing (from earth) is on July 20th. It would be appropriate if whatever Space gathering/outing we have is on that date. :-D -paul (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  (canceled)

  Re: BrickFest: Roommate matching needed

(...) ... I'd like to help one or two BrickFest attendees with their accommodations. If you haven't found a place to stay that you can afford, drop me a note. Cary cary@corp.webtv.net (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest: Roommate matching needed

(...) Thinking about this, Chris Weeks, Lindsay Braun, and I are sharing a room at the Comfort Inn (a little farther than the Hilton, but no charge for parking which makes it cheaper if you have two or more cars). As the cost has risen somewhat (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest: Roommate matching needed

I've got a place to stay, but I've noticed a number of other people who aren't sure whether they can make it due to the cost -- or who are sure they're going but would really like to find a way to keep costs down. Does anyone out there have a hotel (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.va.arl)

  Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

Hey Everyone! You only have until Friday night to send me requests for plots in the walled town layout we're doing, so hurry and get them in! :) Currently reserved plots: (URL) Stembel Castle Room Coordinator Brickfest 2002 (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Et In Arcadia Lego - Permanent Build Proposal Coolness

howD all, I've been pondering the reasons WHY collaborative builds never quite work and I beleive I have solved the problem, so I have a proposition and an invitation: 1) A multi-purpose space station composed of 'modules' (multi purpose allows for (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickswest) !

  Rail Racer Screamer has a body

I have put a body to the modified Rail Racer engine I have prepared for Brickfest, so it's ready to take on any chalenge put forth. Here is a shot of it: (URL) may notice that since it's in the modified class I'm allowed to use a few non-LEGO parts (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Name tags

Hey, all. This will be my first trip to Brickfest. I saw pictures from BrickWest of people with name tags. I assume that type of name tag is provided for Brickfest. Is that correct? What, exactly will they look like? Thanks Steve (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Trading at Brickfest

Hi all, Ok,this is a little experiment. Last year, there was some buying and selling going on at BF, but I didn't get the impression it was so easy to find people to trade with. I don't think we have yet worked out any organised way for people to (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  BrickFest (I made it!)

howD all, well, I AM going to be at BrickFest (don't ask what it is costing me :-) and for Friday and Saturday night I have a room w/ two double beds in the Hilton right near BrickFest for $70/night Since I can't possibly occupy both beds (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: Brickfest Space activities

Hi all, I am sorry I didn't join this thread earlier. My name is Magnus Lauglo, and you may have met me at last year's BF, or have seen me post in .castle. I am a member of Wamalug and am a kind of link between Jon and the rest of the BF (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Music in the Castle Room

(...) If you can, that'd be great. :) Jeff (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle Room

(...) I live around the corner from BF and am happy bring my stereo if people want one there (but someone, please remind me closer to the date). As for the music, i don't remeber what kind of music we had last time, I seem to remember that we didn't (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Last Day to Register for BrickFest 2002!

(...) ...Good question, and as a "semi-official" answer. ...We had to cut off registration at a fixed date to make sure we could get registration materials made up (we needed a shirt count, goodie count, etc). We also had attendance restrictions (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Sneak Preview of Pumpkin Coach Car

(...) ...I remember your ghost train and thought it was beautiful and the addition of the Pumpkin Coach is sooo appropriate and a _great_ rendition to boot :-) Cant wait to see it in person again :-) (...) --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com jains.has.it (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Article Needed

BimP will not be able to attend this year's BrickFest. However, our readers sure would enjoy a report from this year's event. If anyone attending has the inclination to take some pictures and write an article, contact BimP using the e-mail address (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Train Room Reservations, please check

(...) followed Chris's link above, and saw (again) what 5x8 looks like. There is going to be a *lot* of stuff there. Wow. -s (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest Space activities

if i can make it, i'd really love to be included and help in any way I can (panels, etc) i've figgered my costs at < $500 so now its just a matter of finding the cash here's hoping I can join the festivities p.s. if i were on a panel or something i (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: Brickfest Space activities

Me, too. I probably won't be bringing much though : ( Most of my space stuff is in LDRAW and the RL projects are becoming much more long term than I'd hoped. The half-finished 6 foot Star Destroyer is still taking up much of my computer room and the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: Catalogs / Classics discussions at BrickFest

(...) Lego (...) BrickFest. It (...) please (...) Oh, man I better not miss this!!! I love talking about old Lego--forget the new stuff I want more old Lego... I just might bring along a few individual parts that are not often seen and might be just (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest Space activities

(...) I'm sure I'll participate in panels so long as they don't conflict with things, but I probably won't bring any space MOCs (my Blacktron Challenger has been to BrickFest twice, and I think I could better use the luggage space for other stuff). (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: Brickfest Space activities

Roll call so far: -Me -Joe Meno -Chris Giddens -Felix Greco -Adrian Drake People that haven't responded to this thread but I'm pretty sure they're 'Space.' : -Steve Bliss -Stephen F. Roberts -Jonathan Mizner -Frank Filz -Bram Lambrecht -Lindsay (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: Brickfest Space activities

"Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message news:Gyn4y6.A48@lugnet.com... (...) least (...) This is great news. I knew a little peer pressure would do the trick ;-) I'm actually working on the MOC space issue as we speak. Trying to figure out (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Music in the Castle Room

What did everyone think of having music in the Castle Room last year? Was it beneficial or detrimental? Is there interest in playing medieval- or fantasy-themed music again? And if so, anyone want to volunteer to bring a CD player? :) Jeff Stembel (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest Space activities

(...) I'll be there, with many of my bigger Space creations in tow (yes, I've figured out how to get both the Nebuchadnezzar and the Blod Moon there) I hope there's going to be enough space for me. I can probably fill at least a 6 foot long table, (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: BrickFest Train Room Reservations, please check

(...) Tom I will be bringing a 4 block downtown 8 plates X 9 plates here is a sneak peak at part of it(2 of the 4 blocks) (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Sneak Preview of Pumpkin Coach Car

One of the MOC's I plan on displaying at BrickFest this year is my train The Ghostline Express. I had planned on eventually building an orange colored "Pumpkin Coach" for the train but the appearance of the new curved slopes in medium-orange-yellow (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Train Room Reservations, please check

(...) I'm thinking of doing the 12v/4.5v layout on the floor also. Frank (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Catalogs / Classics discussions at BrickFest

(...) What do you have coming so far? Anyone bringing 50's bricks? I may be able to bring a few rare printed bricks. I'd be happy to help discuss 60s trains (I will be bringing some examples of 60s trains for the 12v train room). (...) I will be (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Catalogs / Classics discussions at BrickFest

Hi all, I would like to thank those who have volunteered their sets for the Lego Classic (pre-1978) sets display / old bricks & sets discussion at BrickFest. It will be from 2-3PM on Friday. If any others would like to contribute, please let me know (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  The clock is ticking

Don't forget that BrickFest 2002 is only a couple of weeks away, and there are some good prizes just waiting to be picked up. Friday, July 19 The Technic Competition - Scree Runner 1st - 8466 4x4 Off-Roader 2nd - 8735 Power Pack Saturday, July 20 (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest Space activities

(...) Anybody up for getting some at the Air and Space Museum:)? I'm planning to see the 3-D Imax "Space Station" flick there sometime during the weekend. Joe (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

"Felix Greco" <pggreco@ilstu.edu> wrote in message news:GyMoyo.9zy@lugnet.com... (...) interested (...) Oooo...ooo....but you can't tell me you don't like astronaut icecream. YUM! -Jon -- | The Shipyard - (URL) My Lego Creations - (URL) Attack of (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: Brickfest Space activities

(...) I'll be there, too. I'm also up for a space lunch (as long as it doesn't involve Tang and toothpaste-tube meals). Felix (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: Brickfest Space activities

(hmmm I wrote a reply but it vaporized so here goes again) Yes I'm there! I'm really excited about seein' some MOCs up close and personal! (during our building tips meeting should folks present specific mocs to show building techniques? Seeing it in (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: BrickFest Train Room Reservations, please check

Tom & All, Well, if it is any help, we will be bringing our MichLUG tables to BrickFest for my display, so there is a little help. If we need some more tables, I may be able to bring some. Tom, please e-mail me when you get a chance. Scott S. -- (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest Space activities

I'll be there, and looking forward to getting building tips and ideas! Also will be showing a few space MOCs, too, provided I get my e-mail sent off to the Brickfest staff:) Joe Meno (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: BrickFest Train Room Reservations, please check

(...) The big downside of this is that it becomes (significantly) more difficult to take good pictures of the layout, and to really appreciate all the details in everybody's constructions. It might be nice to use the tables as much as possible, (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest Space activities

Hi all. I'm more or less in charge of all the Space activities at Brickfest. (with help from WAMALUG members) Some things to look forward to: -Space room. Space and Star Wars has a room for MOC display and meetings. -Roundtable discussions. I've (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  BrickFest Train Room Reservations, please check

The 9V Train and Town layout will be in a room with 3' x 20' for static displays and 25' x 38' for the layout (there is also a smaller second room for the 12V, 4.5V, and more static displays). Since there will not be enough tables for everything, I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Modified LEGO race train motor (it's a screamer)

I finally found a victim to be a part of my mad scientist scheme to become the first modified class Rail Racer(TM)[ (URL) ] engine. I have taken a 9V train motor and removed the standard electric motor inside and replaced it with an oversized (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 9V Train Track

I think we will have plenty of track for the space we have, so please don't worry about bringing any 9V track. However, everyone please do bring your train MOCs. I'm envisioning many independent, but connected, circuits where we can have multiple (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Last Day to Register for BrickFest 2002!

I was wondering about this also. My wife and I were thinking of asking her sister to go with us, mostly to keep my wife company than to actually see Lego stuff. My wife is really pretty good about my hobby, but I just *know* that she is going to get (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Last Day to Register for BrickFest 2002!

I have a question, more for the benefit of others than for my own, as I'm already registered. Does this mean, after today, no additional people can attend BrickFest, period? Or is there door registration as well, minus the goodies and T-Shirts? Just (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 9V Train Track

Oops, this was supposed to go to the .brickfest group ... Sorry! (...) on (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Last Day to Register for BrickFest 2002!

...Today is the last day to register for BrickFest(tm) 2002! www.brickfest.com Top 11 Things you could be doing July 19-21 if you make it to BrickFest: 11. Hear Brad from LEGO Direct 10. Get a peek at the Spybotics Demo and Q&A 9. Be up on the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jul-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events) !

  BrickFest MOCs and LEGO(R) sets.

This message is for all of you that registered for BrickFest and requested space to display MOCs or old sets. If you have not yet received confirmation for your space needs or if your needs have changed please email info@brickfest.com. I will (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest MOC cards?

Last year Matt Gerber volunteered to create the MOC cards. I have not yet had anyone approach me about creating the MOC and Display cards for this years event. I would be happy to discuss what is needed with anyone interested in designing them. Last (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest MOC cards?

Is there going to be a template for MOC description cards this year? Last year I remember that on the web site there were PDF files (i think they were pdf) of a standard template for everyone to use to label their MOCs. Will this be the case again (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Animation Entry Forms

A follow up to the entry forms is clarification of the due date. All entries must be Post Marked on the 9th of July. If I receive them after the 9th of July things are okay. Be warned though that I intend to leave for BrickFest from my home on the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest 2002 Animation Entry Forms

The BrickFest 2002 Animation Festival and Animation Competition Entry Forms are now available online. Direct your browsers to: (URL) forms are specific for the category that you are entering an entry in. You must complete an entry form for each (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 12v Trains at BrickFest! (was Re: BrickFest tentative Train agenda)

More precisely, the room for the 12V layout is 21.5 x 27 feet. The 4.5V layout may be combined with the classic sets display, depending on size requirements and interest. ----- Original Message ----- From: Greg Kramer <kramersinva@yahoo.com> To: (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 12v Trains at BrickFest! - 4.5v too!

(...) Great. It sounds like we will be able to have a pretty extensive layout. Also, I think we can accommodate 4.5v as part of the 12v. We can set up some sidings without conducting rails so the 4.5v signals can be used. We can also incorporate a (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 12v Trains at BrickFest! (was Re: BrickFest tentative Train agenda)

(...) Tom Cook and I discussed the train rooms this past weekend. Train will get 2 rooms, since they're smaller this year. I believe the 9v layout will be in one room and the 12v right across the hall. So there would be plenty of room for a 12v (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Complete Classic Space at Brickshelf?

Ok I just found out this is Kevin's collection. Cool. Can't wait ot see it. -Jon -- | The Shipyard - (URL) My Lego Creations - (URL) Attack of the Bricks - (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: Complete Classic Space at Brickshelf?

"Kevin Loch" <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message news:Gy7yJG.CFC@lugnet.com... (...) -- | The Shipyard - (URL) My Lego Creations - (URL) Attack of the Bricks - (URL) me if I sound clueless but who is bringing all of this? I've heard almost nothing (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: Travel

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3D161873.AA3CE1...ing.com... (...) Having dealt with security at about 20 differt airports in the US since September 11th I was pleasantly surprised with my experieces (two trips) to (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Travel

I'm going to make my travel plans real soon now. I plan on arriving Thursday night and leave as late as possible Sunday. One question I have is what people's feelings on the additional security likely at National. I plan on either renting a car, or (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  help plz (bfest, place to stay, and car?)

howD, name's Paul Hartzog, some of you may have seen me about in .space I really want to go to BFest, and i'm trying to scrounge up the dough. I'll be out of work on July 7 and I need a place to stay near BFest, as well as some transportation. I can (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: Update: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

Just to alert everyone that I had to change the cut-off date for event submissions and discussions. The new cut-off date is this Friday, June 28. So if you wish to hold an event or discussion, or voice your support for a previously mentioned event*, (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest: Classic Lego presentation/discussion

Roy, I keep a Brickshelf collection of vintage pieces: (URL) in there are galleries for: Comparisons & part variations (including changes from vintage parts to modern) Evolution of Printed Flags Evolution of Painted Trees Collection of Printed/Named (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events)

  BrickFest™2002! Register Today

Today 6/14 is the last day to register for BrickFest™ 2002! Those that register today will be guaranteed entrance to all events. Although the website states $55 late registration, we are lowering it to $45 until June 30th. The website will be (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun, lugnet.org) !!

  Classic Lego discussion/presentation

Sorry, didn't post this to the .brickfest subgroup earlier... Hi all, I am organizing a presentation and discussion of Classic Lego for BrickFest, being held this July in the Washington, D.C. area. My plan is to cover sets and topics through the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brikwars proposal .. WWII / modern tank battle

Jason, I think we should ask around with WAMALUG since I know that many of them have LOTS of baseplates. Jeff Stemble comes to mind. His baseplate collection excels my entire LEGO brick collection in cubic inches. I will only be able to be at (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Brikwars proposal .. WWII / modern tank battle

I'd be interested in playing, and it sounds like an awful lot of fun. Unfortunately, I only have a couple baseplates and I don't think I'd be able (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.gaming)

  BrickFest 2002 Attendee List!

The list of Attendees for BrickFest 2002 keeps growing. The current list is at: (URL) this morning) ...This is a list of registered adults who have paid their registration (and said they didn't mind us listing them :-) ...If you don't see your name (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brikwars proposal .. WWII / modern tank battle

Hello all, I'd like to propose a theme for a BrikWars battle at Brickfest this year. If there is enough interest (say, 3 players that are coming and willing to build stuff), I'd love to play a scenario that centers around a modern tank / infantry (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Video Tape of Seminars

(...) Yes, I hope someone does this. My wife will be recovering from surgery during the week of Brickfest, so I will be unable to attend. But I hope that I can at least see the videos. There were several people with video cameras at BricksWest, but (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Video Tape of Seminars

I don't know what this would entail, but I'll ask anyway: Please video tape the various presentations and offer the tape for sale, possibly one price for attendees and one for non-attendees. Would folks pay $20? Thoughts? -Rob. (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Call for automated 9v train switches at Brickfest 2002

All, To an observer like myself, it seems the state-of-the-art of MOC automated 9v train switches has matured over the last 12-18 months. A lot of people have posted their ideas, pics, and in many cases instructions, on their version of automated 9v (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Previous years t-shirts?

We have a very limited supply. What we have will be made available on a first come first serve basis at the event. Christina Hitchcock BrickFest 2002 www.brickfest.com (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Previous years t-shirts?

I think it would be neat if the organizers made previous years' Brickfest t-shirts available for sale at this year's event (mine are wearing out...haha) Are any shirts from 2000 or 2001 still available? -- Thomas Main thomasmain@hotmail.com (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 presentations update

(...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 presentations update

(...) wow. that's a long Q&A session... -Suz (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact