 Events / BrickFest / 763
762  |  764
Subject:
Call for automated 9v train switches at Brickfest 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 20:32:21 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

All,

To an observer like myself, it seems the state-of-the-art of MOC automated
9v train switches has matured over the last 12-18 months.  A lot of people
have posted their ideas, pics, and in many cases instructions, on their
version of automated 9v switches.

In coordination with Tom Cook, we've decided to try and showcase some of
these switch designs at BrickFest in the Train Room.  The intent is NOT to
automate the whole 'Fest layout, and it is NOT a competition -- this is to
be an exhibition of the various designs so people can view and compare.  I'd
rather have one example of ten different kinds of automated points than ten
copies of the same design.

To that end, I'm soliciting for volunteers to bring different varieties of
automated 9v switch to Brickfest, either of your own design, or your
implementation of a published design.  The switches will either be
integrated in the main Train Room layout, or on a side display somewhere
[TBD].  I hope to bring a few examples myself (none of my own creation --
I'm going to build some of the published designs).  My only guidelines are
below:

1) If the design you are showing is not yours but someone else's, you must
say so.  If you were inspired by a previous design, please be courteous and
say that as well.

2) If you have printed instructions to bring (one copy so people can browse
-- we're not expecting you to supply enough to hand out to everyone) that
would be a plus.

3) I'd like for guests to actually be able to throw the switches and see
them operate, so if you are squeamish about people touching your MOCs, this
may not be the display for you.

Please post here or contact me directly if you'd like to be part of this
display.  Further comments or suggestions also appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg Kramer