 Events / BrickFest / 822
Re: Brickfest Space activities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 14:53:30 GMT

Hi all,

I am sorry I didn't join this thread earlier. My name is Magnus Lauglo, and you
may have met me at last year's BF, or have seen me post in .castle. I am a
member of Wamalug and am a kind of link between Jon and the rest of the BF
organization.

First off, thanks to Jon for agreeing to take responsibility for the Space
room; I guess there were none of the WDC area people who were big enough space
heads to take the job themselves. So I'm glad we've been able to pull in a
committed out-of-towner. I'm really looking forward to BF, and I think it will
be a great success.

I have seen the room which has been allocated to us, and I would say it was at
least 20 by 25 feet in size. Perhaps bigger. I'm sorry, I'm terrible at
remembering this kind of thing. But I seem to remember it had a good number of
tables. I am not quite sure how many people are bringing MOCs, and how big
these are, but I would say as a general rule of the thumb, if you can safely
fit it into you suitcase, car or whatever, then please bring it, because the
more MOCs the merrier. However, in the event that there isn't enough space
for all the MOCs, we will have to set up some kind of arrangement whereby each
MOC can be displayed within a certain time frame. Maybe we will do time slots
each day, or perhaps do a different setup each day. So while I know everyone
wants to show off their MOCs and have everyone else drool over them, please be
prepared to take down your stuff for a certain period so that everyone has a
chance of showing their stuff off. In terms of space considerations, I believe
the Space/SW room will also be the Mecha room, and possibly (but probably not)
also the military room), so space might well become an issue. The more people
who are able to let us know in this thread what they will be bringing, the more
time we will have to plan how to set up the room.

I am also Xposting this to the SW and mecha boards.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting you all.

cheers

Magnus