 Events / BrickFest / 819
Re: Last Day to Register for BrickFest 2002!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 15:38:52 GMT

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote:

I have a question, more for the benefit of others than for my own, as I'm
already registered.  Does this mean, after today, no additional people can
attend BrickFest, period?  Or is there door registration as well, minus the
goodies and T-Shirts?

...Good question, and as a "semi-official" answer.

...We had to cut off registration at a fixed date to make sure we could get
registration materials made up (we needed a shirt count, goodie count, etc). We
also had attendance restrictions placed on us from the school.

...Whether or not we do at-door registration will be determined shortly based on
our final count of registered people, how much extra materials we have, as well
as by how much hassle it will be to handle at the door (it is a hassle too, ugh
:-/ ). For now, count on there _not_ being at-door registration.

...Hopefully, everyone who thought that "maybe" they'd be at BrickFest did go
ahead and either register or contact the coordinators for help.

Just wondering...

-Tim

In lugnet.announce, Stephen F. Roberts writes:

...Today is the last day to register for BrickFest(tm) 2002! www.brickfest.com

Top 11 Things you could be doing July 19-21 if you make it to BrickFest:

11. Hear Brad from LEGO Direct
10. Get a peek at the Spybotics Demo and Q&A
9.  Be up on the latest news from LDraw
8.  See one of the greatest collection of LEGO Sculpture Displays
7.  Be involved in the LEGO Master Builder Q&A sessions
6.  See the latest in LEGO animation on a big _TV_
5.  Compete in 3 days of Technic/Mindstorms challenges
4.  Build great Castle Displays and participating in Challenges
3.  See a giant train display with trains from 12v, 4.5v and 9v
2.  See more brick than you can imagine and trade building ideas with other
      bricksters!

And the number 1 thing you could be doing July 19-21 if you make it to
BrickFest:

1.  Spend 3 days hanging out with the greatest collection of cool AFOLs ever!

(Registration was extended by one day to let anyone who only connects at work
get a last-chance to register).

---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
jains.has.it        <-- Jain's Guide
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

Start planning for BrickFest 2002!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.com