 Events / BrickFest / 813
Re: Catalogs / Classics discussions at BrickFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 04:20:24 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Frank Filz writes:
Roy Gal wrote:

Hi all,
        I would like to thank those who have volunteered their sets for the • Lego
Classic (pre-1978) sets display / old bricks & sets discussion at
BrickFest.
It
will be from 2-3PM on Friday. If any others would like to contribute, • please
let me know soon.

What do you have coming so far? Anyone bringing 50's bricks? I may be
able to bring a few rare printed bricks.

I'd be happy to help discuss 60s trains (I will be bringing some
examples of 60s trains for the 12v train room).

I am also going to hold a presentation/display of Lego printed materials
(mostly catalogs) on Sunday from 2-3PM. Anyone wishing to contribute should
contact me. I will be bringing my entire catalog collection
(http://www.sdss.jhu.edu/~rrg/hobbies/lego/legocats.html). If you have
interesting items that I don't, please bring them along!

I will be bringing my Pirate comic collection (with Italian, US English,
and UK English versions of 6255, and three of four Ladybird Pirate
comics), also I'll probably bring Jim Spaceborne (a space comic). If no
one is bringing Gate of the Present, I'll bring a copy of that. I'll
also probably bring Der LEGO Motor (
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0242-1971/index.html ).

Frank

Oh, man I better not miss this!!!  I love talking about old Lego--forget the
new stuff I want more old Lego...

I just might bring along a few individual parts that are not often seen and
might be just downright rare.  And I have some items for Frank that,
unfortunately, have turned out NOT to be Lego but are still cool.

As someone who has never really seen Fabuland I would be glad to see some of
the unique elements that were used in Fabuland.  Of greatest interest are the
parts to make a carousel (Frank, you still listening??).  While not all that
old, Fabuland used some cool parts not found elsewhere--but several have made
come-backs in recent years.

__Kevin Salm__
....BrickFest---I'll be there this year....