 Events / BrickFest / 847
Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:01:35 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Todd Lehman writes:
What do you consider proper etiquette for taking photos at an event like
BrickFest?

<snip>

I don't mind people taking pictures of something I've built, I take that as
a compliment.  I'm not sure why anyone might want a picture of *me*,
though... <grin>

I think that most people who bring MOCs to a fest are doing it to 'show off'
a bit, I really doubt they're trying to keep something secret.  Sharing
building ideas and techniques is a big part of the AFOL community!  See
something that you think is clever?  Ask the person who built it - they're
always happy to talk about what went into it!

I *would* be rather miffed if someone posted pictures and tried to claim
credit for something that they didn't build.

Crowd pictures, or pictures taken from across the room?  I probably wouldn't
even notice the camera...

JohnG, GMLTC
  (who unfortunately won't be at BrickFest this year...)