 Events / BrickFest / 861
Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:46:53 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Todd Lehman wrote:

* If I asked to take some close-up photos of your display and I wanted to set
up lighting which might, for a period of time (I dunno, like 10-20 minutes),
get in your way or prevent others from getting a good look at your stuff, how
would that affect you?

Last year, there were plenty of times when the display rooms were quiet,
and an involved photo-session would be unlikely to disturb anyone.

If you want to get really detailed shots of someone's creation, it might
be a good idea to make arrangements to do it at a specific time (and
place).  That way, you won't disturb the crowds, and you might get a
better response from reluctant participants, and you might even get the
flexibility of pulling the model off the table, and put it somewhere
more accessable for photography.

Heck, I suppose you potentially set up a little 'photo studio' in the
corner of a room, and (with permission & cooperation from the owners)
process a number of MOCs by moving the MOC to the studio, shooting
pictures, and then returning the MOC.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Of course, then you've got the potential for involuntarily conducting an
ad hoc session on how to photograph lego models. :)  That could be good
or bad -- for you, for the owner(s) of the MOC(s), and for the poor
volunteers running BrickFest.

Steve