 Events / BrickFest / 1173
Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 00:40:44 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:

* At what distance do you feel your "personal space" is being entered?

Anything shoved within a foot of my face.

I thought I might expand on this a little.  I used to participate in ancient
miniatures tournaments at the local gaming convention.  This was long before
Games Workshop - which may have funky rules, but have raised the standard of
painting considerably.  But before that standard was raised, the local news
camera crews would zero in on my army because it was exceptionally well
painted and I was a bright colorist (shows up better).  So they would turn
on these massive lights and stick 'em a few feet from my face so that I
couldn't see a thing and then thrust a michrophone at me.

They always asked if they could interview me and film the game in progress.

Bruce