 Castle / 20100 (+100)
  Re: Rise of Atlantis

(...) holy slapdoodle! these are absolutely fantastic! how did you make the nautilus so well? all these shields & torsos carry the theme to the extreme (in a very good way). excellent work. the characters are awesome. do you intend any translation? (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Rise of Atlantis

(...) Dude, I about jumped out of my seat when I saw these. Not only is the concept cool, but the stickers are so well done. tear I'll be emailing you soon as I have no idea what PSD is. Felix (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Buildign a horseshoe arch

Hi Bruce, thanks for sharing your L-Draw skills, they aren't that poor... Nicely done, no SNOT, just plain bricks. I surely will try it out one of these days. Daan ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Hietbrink" <bnh@chem.ucla.edu> To: (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Sorceress of the Enchanted Forest

Hello all I'm very proud of what I'm bout to share with everyone, however I must strongly recommend if you are offended or are not mature enough to handle seeing a minifigs (exposed legs), DO NOT click on the following link.. Without further ado, I (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Bad to the Bone - Abaddon's Army

Oops. I did it again. Here's another set of stickers. Probably not my best work, but I'll be the first to admit I created the rest of the faction to simply go along-side the shield design I came up with, which I think is really pretty nifty. (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Buildign a horseshoe arch

(...) Hi Bruce, thanks again for the 'pass' (I/m watching Holland - Portugal ;-). This is the arch I've come up woth. Deeplink: (URL) moderation: (URL) me know what you think! Best regards Daan (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Official display in Japan

Hi all, Surfing around, I found this site. I don't read Japanese at all, but this appears to be from some sort of TLC display. Lots of awesome MOCs in ancient and castles themes: (URL) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Official display in Japan

(...) Hi Bbruce, Thanks for sharing! Alas, my Japanese isn't that good as well, but there are some huge buildings! Very jealous e.g. for this giant pyramid. The Middle Age city is gigantic. Very lovely structures indeed. Daan Bargerbos (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Official display in Japan

(...) I like what happens on this page- (URL) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.castle)

  Hylian Shield

Who needs that dinky little round red shield when you can upgrade to this! (URL) <url=(URL) PSD> Just be sure to not let the pancake monster take it away from you this time. --Anthony (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Another horseshoe arch

(...) Very very nice, love the horizontal clips around the doorway (fringing). The size perfectly matches the design. Also love the pattern of snotted 1x1's. Aaron A (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Peregrine Gatehouse

(...) Hi Carl, sorry for the late reply, but it kinda slipped my mind. Quite a decent little model, doubt if it is something TLC would produce though (unfortunately). I downloaded the instructions and built the drawbridge as soon as I saw it, it's (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

Hello Bruce, It's reaaly good to hear from you. Thanks for the compliments. I've missed building, but I definately tried to keep current with the Lugnet happenings. I do have a question about your move to Ozbricks, has that been a good decision long (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Another horseshoe arch

This is really awesome I think this is the best result yet. It would be cool to see this in a large setting, it would jump out of the creation. It draws your eyes to it. congrats. Daan. JOn (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rise of Atlantis

Super cool Anthony, I love the nautilus shell. the quality of these designs are very impressive as well. My fave it the standard. Jon (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Another horseshoe arch

Hi Daan, I really like this, especially the pattern of 1x1 plates and clips around the outside. My only criticism is that I wish the HP door frame existed in rust brown so that the inner portion would all be one color. Bruce (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

(...) Hi Jon, Ozbricks has been really good to me. For a while they were having problems with their secondary ozbricks.net server, which was up and down, but after my site got moved over to the main ozbricks.com server there has been no problem. (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

(...) I always go for pre fab stuff if I can get it, I think It helps the minifigs look more realistic in the setting. I mean if you've got an articulated Minifig next to a blocky blob of grey bricks, I think it kinda throws the whole look off (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Another horseshoe arch

Hi Aaron, thanks for the compliments. I hope to improve the model a bit more in the coming days. Daan ----- Original Message ----- From: "Aaron Amatnieks" <akama1_lego@hotmail.com> To: <lugnet.castle@lugnet.com> Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 4:50 AM (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Another horseshoe arch

Hi Jon, thanks very much for your compliments. I hope to improve the model a bit more, by making a larger creation. But that takes some time (and bricks ;-) Daan ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon Furman" <rambocalrissian@yahoo.com> To: (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Another horseshoe arch

Hi Bruce, thanks for your compliments and criticism as well. The HP door frame was a bit of helping meself out of trouble. I'm looking into rebuilding that part with another door/opening, and also perhaps in plain old brown. And I'd like to take it (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

(...) I do plan on making a microfig city for shots of them approaching the city in the distance. Mostly, though, I'll focus in on a scene fairly close-up, so you just see the immediate surroundings. The biggest I've gone so far is a city street (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hylian Shield

(...) Very nice, but can I chuck it in the fountain and get back a nice red one instead? Jason Railton (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

Okay, I know I'm not saying anything new here. But give me a moment before you pass this off as another rant: I realize there are things going on at the company we AFOLs don't know about. I realize there is probably a certain piece-to-play ratio (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) I have to disagree on this one point, at least for the set that I bought. I just purchased the Castle of Morcia (8781) a few days ago. It *looks* great (if you ignore the rainbow knights and rainbow weapons). There are also some pretty cool (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) Actually...I thought the 8778 was one of the better sets that came out... :) Benjamin Medinets PS... want to see ugly, see the Grand Tournament set. (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights' Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) I have to agree with you Felix. LEGO is my #1 hobby, but my #2 is medieval stuff (weapons mostly). I have many books with photos of real castles, so I can recognize a good/accurate castle model done in LEGO. The 2004 castle sets resemble (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

(...) I think you find more people think its Arwen (or Legolas if they like Bashki) ;) Pity, I always liked Glorfindel. Especially as he appears to have been killed in the first age, then came back mid 2nd or 3rd age (depending on what you read), it (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights' Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) David, I disagree completely with you here. Playmobil may not be able to make actual construction toys, but one thing they can do, is make VERY nice and real looking castles. The new Lego Knights Kingdom sets neither look nice, nor resembles (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights' KingdomT is ugly.

My local Toys R Us just received the Knights' Kingdom sets. I'm really on the fence about purchasing these. For one thing, the smallest set is $8.99. Seems a lot for two figures and a horse. But I believe the price points have been discussed (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights' KingdomT is ugly.

(...) So what follows is my own personal take on the KK sets. Just because I like it, doesn't mean I'm lying :) Please don't call me a marketing schlub! :) When I first saw pictures of the line, I wasn't much of a fan. They weren't on the top of my (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights' Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) Kid don't want realism, they want cool looking (to them) toys. Today's child market is heavily influence by the anime look of Dragonball, Pokemon, and Yu Gi Oh and I can definatly see the parallel between those themes and the new Castle (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights' Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) You can start here: (URL) Martin ;) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) I think you are looking at this at the entirely wrong direction. They have had these sets out at LLCA for some time now and last time I was there they even had costume characters walking around dressed up as the KK2 knights. And you know what (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  main keep of an ongoing MOC

Hello all, Joe Meno was nice enough to take some pics of a big MOC I've been working on for some time. It's about five stories tall and 'explodes' to show the full interior (see pics). This is the gate and keep of the complex and has a kitchen, (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

I think that the fact that kids love the sets is more a result of the theme of the sets rather than the quality of the sets. I think we can all agree that Castles and knights have a certain appeal to kids, especially those that gravitate towards (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) The question is if they like this specific castle-on-drugs theme or if they'd like _any_ castle theme, such as the old-and-boring ;) gray (or yellow). I don't suggest a reply, I simply don't know. And I don't have the 'material' to test ;-) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Official display in Japan (found more)

I've found more information and pictures about this exibit. For most of the models shown in the posted gallery, I recognized the real life sites they represented. For instance, that middle age city Daan Bargerbos mentioned, is Mont-Saint-Michel in (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

Hi Felix, While I agree with your general premise, I disagree on your examples. I actually really dislike the black/light gray color scheme of Black Knight's Castle, and I dislike the dependence on panel walls and raised baseplate. OTOH, Border (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: main keep of an ongoing MOC

Hi Fritz, Wow. Great MOC. I especially like the light gray with sand green highlights color scheme you have, and the way you worked in the Harry Potter roof elements. I'd like to see some more photos. Bruce (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Official display in Japan (found more)

Hi Manfred, Thanks for finding these links! I really love these models, especially the Mont St. Michel and the pagodas, so it's great to see larger pictures and get some information. Without text, I had thought that this picture: (URL) was supposed (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

(...) D'oh! In my defense, that was one of the scenes from the movie that I tried very hard to forget. I like Glorfindel, too, btw. Bruce (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: main keep of an ongoing MOC

Very cool! I like how you have combied the keep and gatehouse into one. This is something I think sort of happened in the later middle ages, but I hadn't seen any lego castle that used this design. Build on! Magnus (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) I'm twelve, and easily the smartest kid in my class, and probably the smartest in my school. I have combined my fanatic obsession with the middle ages(I make chainmail and am in the Society for creative anachronism) and LEGOs into a LEGO club (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sorceress of the Enchanted Forest

In lugnet.castle, Joey Finnell wrote: snip (...) snip Hi Joey, good design, I'm surprised no-one has thought of something like before. Have you thought of doing one as a kind of warrior woman ? maybe a fantasy style with a chain mail bra and loin (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Sorceress of the Enchanted Forest

Cool! I honestly don't see what could be offensive about this, she's not showing off any more skin than you would see at the beach, and she's hottie and that's OK! Having said that, this is what I honestly think about the print, and this applies not (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: main keep of an ongoing MOC

(...) Great looking keep. I like the sand green colors. Colors I normally don't see in many Castle MOCs. Would probably look even more interesting if there were more sand green slope pieces for the roof. (20 years ago, 4-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) At first I thought they were "ugly" too with the exception of Vladek, but then I've found a good use for ALL of them. I only have a Vladek fig for now, got 1 from BrickLink to "test" parts of him on different troop types. Looks real good, I (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) snip (...) After the last two years treated us with Guarded Inn, Black Falcons Fortress, and Blacksmith Shop, these new sets are like a slap in the face. Couldn't they have at least not made the hand guards on the swords backwards? Or used (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) Along the same lines of Felix' posting: (URL) Looks comical (URL) Looks accurate I'm sure kids will find both equally fun to play with. But maybe not us AFOLs. sigh -Bryan (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights' KingdomT is ugly.

"Felix Greco" <pggreco@ilstu.edu> wrote in message news:I077EG.1utw@lugnet.com... (...) Hey, come on! Lego at least provided the Space group a few more space helmits! The green one, however, looks like a mix between Boba Fett and the Green Goblin. (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) It depends on how you approach it: here's my version of the purple knight from the above. (URL) Admittedly, I'd have prefered some grays or blacks for the armor and helmets, but honestly at this point, I'm hoping the Barbie Blue knight proves (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) Ha! I'll count you as not a very big fan of my work then... (URL) Castle Saldaar> (URL) Tower of the Mystic Stone> (URL) Green Wizard's Tower> ;^) The Black Knights black/light grey scheme always seemed a bit more evil to me, which is why I (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) Yes, I've used that line a number of times, myself. I'll respond with a big "No duh." But, this thread has gone off in a number of directions that I wasn't orignally intending to hit on. My point is as simple as the thread title. The sets are (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

I guess it’s time for a lurker on .castle to finally say something. There’s a lot to be said about Lego’s choices for what 2004 holds in store for the company, it’s true. The color change had many in a frenzy, and there’s still some sour feelings (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights� Kingdom� is ugly.

(...) I second that. The new KK line has nothing in common with the very idea of castles or knights - they are more like a designers-on-acid impression after looking too much television. As someone in this thread pointed out, they look remarkably (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights� Kingdom� is ugly.

(...) I wouldn't go so far as to say anime is crap. In fact some of it is quite good. But, like it or not, this is the look kids like right now and I don't blame LEGO for trying to play up to that. Anything that makes LEGO sell is, in my opinion, a (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights� Kingdom� is ugly.

(...) Two points: 1. Disneyland's castle is Sleeping Beauty Castle. Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom's castle is Cinderella Castle. 2. Sleeping Beauty Castle is a real castle, as it was modeled after Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany. Jason (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Santa Maria della Salute in Venice

I was just looking over all the pictures on Brickshelf before you posted. This is really some build! Very nice, very detailed intricate construction. The details and just a joy to look at. Even the light bulb holder is Lego. Great work. e (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Santa Maria della Salute in Venice

(...) (3 URLs) (...) Absolutely stunning!! This is a lovely, lovely model. Kudos, well done, bravo! (and highlighted) (grumble, grumble, grumble, lugnet made me trim some of the quotes....) JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights Kingdom is ugly.

(...) OK, sorry, I tend to mix them up. (...) ...which in turn is not a real castle, but a relatively modern[1] castle mockup designed by a loony monarch just before he was incapacitated. There were more stage designers than masons involved in the (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Santa Maria della Salute in Venice

Holger, I already saw the church in some of the pictures released before your posting, and was very enthousiast about it. You've done so well to pick up the charasteristics of the architecture! Applause and much appreciation!! Very impressive. (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

I watch the local stores here in Singapore very closely. They each have a bunch of Yodas, Rebel Blockade Runners, Darth Maul heads, Red Baron Triplanes, Santa Fe Super Chiefs and Legend Black Falcon's Fortress. All of these sets have been sitting on (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

I'm somewhat of a lurker, but I saw this as a message I just couldn't ignore. I'll agree with Felix that the new sets, especially the Grand Tournament one, just don't live up to the old castle standards. I recall being disappointed with the first (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) What you have to look at is the age ranges. Harry Potter, which is similar to older castle in complexity and use of parts, is 8+,7+,8+. Knights Kingdom is 5+,6+,7+. Its one step up from Jack Stone. If you want to compare the old castle stuff (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Santa Maria della Salute in Venice

Incredible! I always admire Lego buildings in (near) mini-fig scale that capture all the details of the Real Thing. It is better than MiniLand, since I can almost imagine getting enough of the right bricks to build one - and have it still fit in my (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Castle Conquerors rules

Hey guys, I've came up with a castle roleplaying/war game. I call it Castle Conquerors. Here are the rules: NONFIRING WEAPONS. When you activate a nonfiring weapon, you are required to flip a coin in order to find out whether or not the weapon hit (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Santa Maria della Salute in Venice

(URL) (...) Many thanks for your nice feedback! (...) I had some fears about the heat of the bulbs. There are two 25 watt bulbs inside the Santa Maria. And at 1000steine-Land they sometimes where on for more then 4 hours. I lifted the dome time to (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone seen what Jeffs been up to!

(...) I haven't been around here in quite awhile, but thanks guys! Right now, I have many new items coming soon, some for Brickfest '04 of course. The "action arms" are undergoing a redesign, slated for a Oct. release date. For now, check out some (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights' Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) Fooey. I enjoy the challange of trying to build something realistic in my medium. And I choose LEGO as my medium. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights' Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) I agree with your statement. What I disagree with is those who complain it's TLC's fault when their creations aren't "real" enough. -Orion (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Has anyone seen what Jeffs been up to!

Absolutely totally LOVE that sallet with visor. Awesome! Magnus (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Has anyone seen what Jeffs been up to!

(...) snip there are actually two new armor colors, dark grey and black. they look great. I'm gonna have to get more. looking forward to any new gear. (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle)

  BrickFest Castle room reminder and update

Hi all, With less than a month til BrickFest 2004 kicks off, I just thought I'd post a message, mainly reminders but also some new stuff. Old Stuff: This year promises to have a large Classic Castle City display and it is never too late to start (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Has anyone seen what Jeffs been up to!

Hi Jeff. How about some accessories for army camp followers, battlefield plunderers, and medieval non-combatants. I saw Kenneth's Branaugh's Henry V last night and it got me to thinkin. P.S. I still care even though I don't always say it. F (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

Knight's Kingdom "knights" belong in the movie Krull or ROM comics. F (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) That's a compliment, right? (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  The Lone Falcon Chronicles: Episode V

(2 URLs) PLMKWYT! (URL) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.fun, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Official display in Japan

(...) used here is really straight to the point and defined. This one in particular interests me: (URL) enough to prompt me buy some slopes and give mini-representation a try. That might save me a few bucks in planning out a potential city layout as (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Official display in Japan (found more)

(...) Wow! This is awesome! There are some big and detailed models of important sites over there! Thanks for compiling this! -Erik (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Belém Tower - Torre de Belém

em português no fim (URL) Belém Tower (aka St. Vincent Castle) - Lisbon Portuguese National Monument built in 1520; declared "World Heritage site" by UNESCO in 1983. This is the 5th version, built for the first public exhibition by PLUG (Portuguese (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: Official display in Japan

(...) Wow, the movie is totally cool! It's funny - I have a hard time convincing my Architecture students that anything complicated can be done in LEGO without making it look like a toy.. These are awesome (though now my kids will be totally (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Belém Tower - Torre de Belém

Hello Luís, Yes indeed, this verson has better proportions. Substantially improved are the battements round the top terrace, those small pinnacles on the crenelles made of cones 1x1 make it look much more like the real life tower. I'm not sure about (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Belém Tower - Torre de Belém

Luis, With every upgrade this gets better. I especially like how you did the crennelations and the new details on the tower. Is this the ultimate version, or do you have further additions in mind? Bruce Hietbrink (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  KK2 minifig armour decal

Hey there all, my first .castle post. Previously posted to my peeps in .loc.au who thought it might be wise to mention it here... Went and bought 2 - 8777 Vladek Encounter sets last night with the intention of removing the decal on a Vladek armour (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Belém Tower - Torre de Belém

(...) Hello Sincerely I do not know if this is the last version, because normally I destroy my MOCs last some time... when I need the parts. If it will have time and parts very probably I will make the modifications suggested for the Moolhuysen and (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Belém Tower - Torre de Belém

(...) Hello Moolhuysen Thanks for your interested opinion. When i reached the "capela" level, i tried to do what you said, but i don't have the white bricks 1 x 1 headlight necessary to complete the intire battements :( . For this version i didn't (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  New Cathedral completed!

Hello! I just finished a 3-4 month project of building a cathedral. It was inspired by Steve R.'s CAD creation ((URL) don't have an exact count, but I estimated that there are over 20,000 bricks used to build it. The black roof alone contains 1,500+ (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle) !!

  Custom helmet and armor (fantasy style)

Hi all, Here is something new from (URL) Red Bean Studio>. Please visit my website to see more pictures: (2 URLs) Still very much a work-in-progress at the moment, but I thought I'd share some preliminary pics with everyone here. Your (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Custom helmet and armor (fantasy style)

"Isaac Yue" <isaacyue@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:I1Kwpr.1to@lugnet.com... (...) Studio>. (...) some (...) Absolutely fantastic Issac. The only comment I can add is make sure you get them on sale sooner rather than later :) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  First Look!

(URL) (rapid)prototype will be present at BF '04, then on to production! Thanks, Jeff (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Cathedral completed!

Brian, This is Awe inspiring. I love the relief work, and the stained glass. Thanks for sharing this with us. Jon (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Cathedral completed!

Brian, Awe-inspiring creation. Everything is great--the windows, the organ and piano, the white cross behind the trans yellow bricks, the chandaliers, the underside of the roof, etc. Jon, Long time no see. Where have you been? Zemi.net seems to be a (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: First Look!

(...) I think it need that plume hole at the top if the helmet. Speaking of which... I have yet to see anyone make a Custom Plume piece. Up to it Jeff? (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: First Look!

(...) Oh, absolutely. The tricky part is that the hole would need to have enough clearance for the fat plume or the triple plume, but if it's too high or too far back it'll look odd. Maybe it could be tipped forward at an angle? (...) It's sort of (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: First Look!

(...) Hey guys, I've been kicking the "my own plume thing" around already. I'd like to make a "torse", or twisted roll, for the top as well as a better plume. Of course these would be clip-on pieces. They'd look great for tournament stuff. Take a (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Announcing “Seven Swords of Glendur” @ BrickFest 2004

I hereby challenge players to an adventure game, "Seven Swords of Glendur ". "Seven Swords of Glendur " is an adventure game set in modern times where the player is visiting a castle that is open to the public in a controlled setting like Leeds (...) (20 years ago, 1-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle)

  My new creation + my life story.

Hey everyone, how's it going? I've just completed my project for the Montana State Fair (more can be read about that here: (URL) and I set up a little webpage to go along with it. The page is designed to give non-Lego-enthusiasts a view on what it's (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mt, lugnet.people)

  NWBrickCon Is Coming Soon

It is my pleasure to announce NWBrickCon 2004. This fan-based event will be held Halloween weekend (October 29-31, 2004) in the Great Northwest (Seattle area). This amazing event will be three days of : Fellowship - Meet with other AFOLs from (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, FTX) !!

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) Felix, I must disagree on this. If you are going to compare 6086 to 1 of the new sets, then compare it to the castle of Morcia set,which I think is much prettier than 6086. I actually prefer the new dark grey (bley) over the old dark grey. You (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact