 Castle / 20148
Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 16:31:50 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Felix Greco wrote:
   Okay, I know I’m not saying anything new here. But give me a moment before you pass this off as another rant:

I realize there are things going on at the company we AFOLs don’t know about. I realize there is probably a certain piece-to-play ratio you’re considering. I realize certain colors attract attention more than others. I realize there is a certain “build-to-play” time factor considered in production for different age groups. I’m not going to go off about the bar going down because thats been done quite elequently already.

But,I refuse to believe these factors cannot be done in a more aesthetically pleasing way. The new Knights’ Kingdom™ mini-fig sets are an eye-sore. I don’t think the common consumer would even recognize they are some type of castle-like creation unless they had a castle looking mini-fig with them.

Before I’m blown off as one more nostalgic adult fan, consider this: we here at lugnet know your product. Put us to the test. What factors need to be considered? I’ll bet my last dollar a Sava or a Hoffman could pump out a model that meets all your specifications and is still beautiful in form and function. • snip Dear LEGO company, you can and have done better.

After the last two years treated us with Guarded Inn, Black Falcons Fortress, and Blacksmith Shop, these new sets are like a slap in the face.

Couldn’t they have at least not made the hand guards on the swords backwards? Or used colored versions of the standard visor on at least 1 or 2 of the knights? Given us some regular good guy soldiers? Archers? Anybody heard of archers? The new DUPLO castle sets have more realistic heraldry! Where are the peasants, villagers, and shopkeepers? Females? I don’t see any of those either. I guess that explains the color scheme.

It looks like the best set for castle fans so far this year is Hagrid’s Hut. Maybe S@H will have a surprise for us before the end of the year.