 Castle / 20124
Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 00:46:19 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Felix Greco wrote:

   But,I refuse to believe these factors cannot be done in a more aesthetically pleasing way. The new Knights’ Kingdom™ mini-fig sets are an eye-sore.

I have to disagree on this one point, at least for the set that I bought. I just purchased the Castle of Morcia (8781) a few days ago. It *looks* great (if you ignore the rainbow knights and rainbow weapons). There are also some pretty cool parts.

What bothers me about the set is the playability. The towers, for instance, aren’t attached to the base. They sit on tiles. Tug on the chain that launches the catapult, and you’re left with a toppled tower.

Being able to convert the castle from the blue team (the good guys?) to the red team (the bad guys?) is pretty cool, but I would rather have had a set of stairs from the ground level up to the ramparts, such as they are.

On the other hand, the whole castle is modular, which makes for an easy build. My guess is this is what the designer was going for.

I guess my point is that there are some good aspects as well as bad ones (at least for this set). I’ve already decided to pit the Castle of Morcia against the Dragon Palace from the Orient Expedition line in a Brikwars battle. The treasure room is going to be mighty hard to take with no stairs to get to it.

-Elroy