 Castle / 20145
Re: Sorceress of the Enchanted Forest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 02:28:44 GMT

Cool!

I honestly don’t see what could be offensive about this, she’s not showing off any more skin than you would see at the beach, and she’s hottie and that’s OK!

Having said that, this is what I honestly think about the print, and this applies not only to this particular female torso print, but to torso prints I have seen other people make and also that lego has put out (the Blacksmiths’s wife for instance).

Quite simply, the waist is way too narrow. Quite aside from the fact that most human females aren’t built like this, minifigs aren’t built like humans. Any experienced lego builder knows of all the scale problems that have to be overcome because of this fact. It is as if you have taken an image of an attractive human female and are superimposing it onto a much chunkier creature - a minifig. I think of minifigs as people, but not humans. Much like the Simpsons characters. Homer Simpson - who incidently would go out of his mind if the Sorceress checked out in at Mos bar ;), is a guy, you couldn’t quite call him a man. He certainly isn’t a human. It is the same with minifigs. They are like us, but different.

I think it’s OK to give female torso prints some curvature in the appropriate places, but I prefer the old female torso designs that lego put out where the hips come out to the edges so they link up with the legs. The way it is now, it kind of looks like she has a cloak behind her. But overall I think if you went for less of a “supermodel look” and more of a “Xena look” it would look overall a little better when stuck on a minifig torso.

Magnus