 Castle / 20128
Re: Knights' Kingdom™ is ugly.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 09:33:31 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, David Gregory wrote:
   The 2004 castle sets resemble Playmobile on acid much to closely to be considered good sets; they are eyesores. >>

David “Fuzzy” Gregory

David, I disagree completely with you here. Playmobil may not be able to make actual construction toys, but one thing they can do, is make VERY nice and real looking castles. The new Lego Knights Kingdom sets neither look nice, nor resembles anything from the real world, so comparing these to Playmobil is a crime against Playmobil - this said by an avid Lego fan.

BUT how long will I keep on being Lego fan? So far I’ve been both a builder and a collector (>1200 different Lego sets), but starting this year I’ve given up on buying all the new Lego sets - they’re just not good enough.

So what do I do with the money I would normally spend on new Lego releases? Well, so far they have been divided between purchasing old used sets and - Lo! and behold! - buying Playmobil castle sets. And until lately I would have sworn that I would never buy anything Playmobil. But with the lack of decent Lego castle sets, I eventually got caught by the Playmobil castles.

This is soon going to stop, though; Playmobil is switching building system, so the new castle sets are not compatible with the old ones (does this ring a bell like “castle light grey / new bley”?!!?!).

Arne, Copenhagen

PS: maybe I should switch back to collecting stamps - there a colour difference is good, not bad.........