 Castle / 20173
20172  |  20174
Subject:
BrickFest Castle room reminder and update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 02:14:34 GMT

Hi all,

With less than a month til BrickFest 2004 kicks off, I just thought I'd post a
message, mainly reminders but also some new stuff.

Old Stuff:

This year promises to have a large Classic Castle City display and it is never
too late to start building MOCs for this collaborative display. Lenny Hoffman is
point man for this project, and I am grateful to have him on board, as his
enthusiasm for the 3CS system has been contagious. This year is the first time
the 3CS display will incorporate colored flags to identify who built what,
thanks to the great idea by Marc Nelson Jr. See here for  more info on the 3CS
display and the flag system.

http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=20068

This year also marks the first year of the My Own Castle Competition (MOCC), and
there is plenty of time to start building on a free-standing castle MOC for
this. Here's a link to the thread about the MOCC.

http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=19938&t=i&v=a

New Stuff:

There are a few other cool projects in the works for the Castle Room, including
a little display of my own that I may need some help with due to time/brick
limitations. I'd prefer it to be kind of a surprise at least for most of you,
but for now, let me just throw out a keyword:

SIEGE.

If anybody is inspired to build some minifig-scale, historically accurate
medieval style siege machinery, and would like to contribute them towards a
display in which they will be featured prominently, I'd absolutely love to hear
from you. Or if you have already built a Catapult, Siege Tower, Battering Ram or
whatever, and would like to contribute it to a larger display, please let me
know by email. I can be reached at:

thunder_road@hotmail.com

And as always, please remember to fill out the MOC cards at the BrickFest
website to register your creations so as to make it easier on us when it comes
to allocating tables and the like. The registration deadline is August 1, 2004,
so if you are still deciding whether or not to join the fun, don't let it slide
til the last minute.

http://dc.brickfest.com

I think that's all for now. I look forward to meeting lots of you in August!

:)

cheers

Magnus