 Castle / 20164
Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 16:40:08 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Ian Lauer wrote:
   sets are becoming more and more simplistic: certain pieces now are basically combinations of 3 older ones.

What you have to look at is the age ranges. Harry Potter, which is similar to older castle in complexity and use of parts, is 8+,7+,8+. Knights Kingdom is 5+,6+,7+. Its one step up from Jack Stone.

If you want to compare the old castle stuff to something Lego is doing now, compare it to Harry Potter and Adventurers. As the proud owner of a 7419 Dragon Fortress, I think the new stuff is pretty good in comparison to the old. I wouldn’t buy the new Knights Kingdom, but I’m not 6 years old.