 Castle / 20135
Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 18:08:18 GMT

I think that the fact that kids love the sets is more a result of the theme of
the sets rather than the quality of the sets. I think we can all agree that
Castles and knights have a certain appeal to kids, especially those that
gravitate towards lego (myself included). Add to that that kids at LLCA can meet
the 'real' knights and it's easy to see why they might sell so well in your
area. These sets are well stocked in my area and I seem to be among a small
minority (begrudgingly) buying them.

I love Lego, I love castle, but these sets are pretty darn ugly. The rainbow
knights are a stretch (look at the red knight's motorcycle helmet!) and will
probably get put in a pile with my army of jar-jars. The swords are even worse
than those chrome greatswords. I may buy most of these sets, but it'll have to
be on DEEP discount and after I pick up a couple HP sets(some of which are more
useful in castles than KK2 sets)in duplicate.

that's my $0.02.

Fritz
In lugnet.dear-lego, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Felix Greco wrote:

Dear LEGO company, you can and have done better.

I think you are looking at this at the entirely wrong direction.

They have had these sets out at LLCA for some time now and last time I was there
they even had costume characters walking around dressed up as the KK2 knights.

And you know what - the KIDS love them. I really have not seen such a positive
reaction to a line that I have seen with KK2. EVERY single time (and trust me,
its ALOT) I walk by some of the KK2 sets there is some kid either begging his
parents to get him/her some of the sets or a parent asking the kid what one they
want.

I have got a few of these sets - my kids love it, their friends that come over
and play love it.... it is a very big hit.

I have not seen this reaction to ANY other line (including Star Wars, Harry
Potter and Bionicle).

I think you have to keep in mind Lego is going after the kids... not you. And
IMHO they hit this one out of the park.

So I say keep up the good work Lego - you are making your target audience happy.

Mark P
LoB