 Castle / 20150
Re: Knights' KingdomT is ugly.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 17:33:31 GMT

"Felix Greco" <pggreco@ilstu.edu> wrote in message news:I077EG.1utw@lugnet.com...
Okay, I know I'm not saying anything new here.  But give me a moment before you
pass this off as another rant:

I realize there are things going on at the company we AFOLs don't know about.  I
realize there is probably a certain piece-to-play ratio you're considering.  I
realize certain colors attract attention more than others.  I realize there is a
certain "build-to-play" time factor considered in production for different age
groups.  I'm not going to go off about the bar going down because
</dear-lego/?n=4701 thats been done quite elequently already>.

[But,]I refuse to believe these factors cannot be done in a more aesthetically
pleasing way.  The new Knights' KingdomT mini-fig sets are an eye-sore.  I don't
think the common consumer would even recognize they are some type of castle-like
creation unless they had a castle looking mini-fig with them.

Before I'm blown off as one more nostalgic adult fan, consider this:  we here at
lugnet know your product.  Put us to the test.  What factors need to be
considered?  I'll bet my last dollar a Sava or a Hoffman could pump out a model
that meets all your specifications and is still beautiful in form and function.

Hey, come on!  Lego at least provided the Space group a few more space helmits!  The green one, however, looks like a mix between
Boba Fett and the Green Goblin.  The black helmit looks like it belongs to Batman more than anything else.

I'm not even going to call what they're armed with "swords," mainly because they don't look like swords.  Megablok has made better
swords than these.

I've even given some thought to purchasing one of the large figs!  Mainly the "Jayko" one, so I can bleach the head, mess with the
nose, and call it "Jacko."

--
Markham Carroll