 CAD / MLCad / *2128 (-100)
  "Left" view

Erm... Is it me or is the "left" view in MLCad wrong? It is looking left but at the right side of the model. Thanks (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Dutch translation for MLCad 3.20 ready!

The Dutch translation for MLCad 3.20 is ready and downloadable at: (URL) (pages are in Dutch) How to install and activate it is described on the website too. If you find any typo's or errors, please reply to this message or mail me at (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCAD mirrored submodels - Help please

(...) Thanks Dean, very helpful!! :) - Seriously, I'd be very grateful if you could let me know if you can remember where. By the way, I love your Gallery page - especially the great internal lighting effects on the engine shed - Well done! Torben (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCAD mirrored submodels - Help please

(...) I have seen the large one somewhere. I can't recall where though :( Another ******** of a model to do is the 8480 technic shuttle: (URL) gave up on the cables and fibre optics... :D (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCAD mirrored submodels - Help please

Thanks guys - I've more or less understood it now, but I'll dig about a bit more too. Can't believe I chose 8862 to put together as my first model. Angled components, pneumatic tubes and pumps as well as the two digger buckets, which as far as I can (...) (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCAD mirrored submodels - Help please

(...) If the program isn't acting funny, the last part above it is flipped (step commands doesn't have rotation matrixes) and perhaps the part above that etc.. So if you can find the initial part that got flipped and sort everthing after that you (...) (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: MLCAD mirrored submodels - Help please

(...) In his case it sounds more like a 180 degree flip. (...) Like I suggested, adding the file at the top and moving it down cleans the orientation. Actually I think it can be a really nice feature when you wish to recreate a complex wing, so you (...) (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCAD mirrored submodels - Help please

(...) Hi Torben, To mirror you need to edit the rotation matrix by hand. It is easiest to do if you have only rotated in 90 degree angles in which case you just put a negative sign in front of one of the entries and that mirrors along that axis. (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCAD mirrored submodels - Help please

(...) Thanks Niels - you're absolutely right. Inserting the submodel higher up and moving it down sorts it. Plus new things underneath are sorted as well. However, I'd be very grateful to know how to mirror, if you could please. In this case (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCAD mirrored submodels - Help please

(...) MLCad usually orient any new part like the one before, so it sounds like you mirrored the previous part accidentally. So you should be able to fix the problem by unmirroring the second last part. If you don't know how, insert the part in top (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCAD mirrored submodels - Help please

I've recently started using MLCAD v3.2 and assembling 8862. I've been using sub-models sucessfully, but came to add a fourth and found that when the parts are in the main model they are mirrored from what I drew in the submodel. It is the same in (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: James Jessiman Memorial Award for 2005

(...) And that is a very good choice! The LDRAW format plus MLCad has really spread 'virtual Lego building' around the globe. MLCad really makes *real* Lego CAD affordable and attainable for everyone! Congratulations Michael! Well deserved. (19 years ago, 15-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Is Lsynth being used to make string?

(...) Ummm I think there may be a little confusion :) Only 2 of those pics are rendered: (URL) and (URL) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Is Lsynth being used to make string?

(...) You rendered that?! Oh my goodness, that looks real! That is some awesome work. Did you lose Lgeo models for the heads to make them look smooth? (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Is Lsynth being used to make string?

(...) For the renders in this model (URL) I used a spreadsheet to work out positions for 4-4cyli.dat primitives to create 1/4 and 1/2 torii, and then just long 4-4cyli.dats for the straight sections. There are now torus primitives available in (...) (19 years ago, 12-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Is Lsynth being used to make string?

I've seen some great renders of Legos that have string for cranes and such. Is Lsynth being used to create string, or are they using a different program? I'm looking through the options and tutorials about Lsynth, but I don't see string mentioned. (...) (19 years ago, 12-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New MLCad Web-Based Forum ...

(...) I'm not Michael, but I can guess that just as it is with BlockCAD, MLCad has a large user base not necessarily rooted in the Lego camp, with no great interest in the other benefits/drawbacks of lugnet. Actually, this may give me enough push to (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New MLCad Web-Based Forum ...

One thing that is great about these forums is that everything is all in one place. I will check here before I go anywhere else. Splitting up the community with different forums at different sites won't do Lego fans any favors. There are other forums (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: New MLCad Web-Based Forum ...

Hi, the one great thing about this news@lugnet thing here, is that it is 'the center of everything': any news about any topic from any place on this planet you can find here. if it isn't here, it does not exist. keeping an eye on groups here is (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New MLCad Web-Based Forum ...

(...) No I didn't think on that. It's just that I (personaly) like phpBB more than this solution here. I know that some of you hate this kind of forums. For me the are more modern and not so complicated than this forum here. I do not like to post to (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New MLCad Web-Based Forum ...

(...) See here for my thoughts on this matter: (URL) I'd like to reiterate my complete distaste for phpBB's layout and method of displaying posts. (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New MLCad Web-Based Forum ...

is it something here you're missing, or do you fear Lugnet will die? (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  New MLCad Web-Based Forum ...

I've opened a forum on a free board hoster. Have a look at it, and give me feedback please. The forum is thought to be a platform for news, bugs, feature requests, and all other MLCad topics. Registration to the forum is required in order to post! (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  French language add-on for MLCad 3.20 available

Hi, I have upgraded the french language addon for MLCad version 3.20 You can download the zipped file here: (URL) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: *** MLCad V3.20 ***

(...) I'm not Mike but the Howto_Upgrade.txt in the LanguageTemplate file at (URL) has all the info you need. just redo the same procedure you did when upgrading from 3.00 to 3.10 and don't forget to backup your 3.10 first. (do you still have the (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  German and Italian language add-on for MLCad 3.20 available

hi folks, I upgraded the german and italian language add-on for MLCad. the add-ons are now fit for version 3.20. you'll find the .zip-files along with a tutorial for how to change the language interface at: German - (URL) - (URL) w. (19 years ago, 3-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Re: *** MLCad V3.20 ***

Great work Michael! Can you give me directions on how to update the Dutch translation? Thanks. Jaco P.S. Will you be fixing the GHOST error with the MLCadArrow? (19 years ago, 3-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: *** MLCad V3.20 ***

"Jarrad Whitaker" <akdor1154@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:IJ1DA6.xIx@lugnet.com... (...) Thats a special hard thing. It needs some rework of internal structures which requires much time ... I do not realy have much time - thats why. But I (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: *** MLCad V3.20 ***

Awesome works, thanks! But when are we going to be able to Undo? ;) (19 years ago, 3-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: *** MLCad V3.20 ***

(...) Thanks for all your work Michael. I especially like the names in the top corners. Tim (19 years ago, 2-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: *** MLCad V3.20 ***

(...) You're awesome! I love the grid ganularity hotkeys (I had to ResHack these in before) and the axis labels on the view windows, -Orion (19 years ago, 2-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  *** MLCad V3.20 ***

Hi, finaly I had the time to release a new version of MLCad. It doesn't come with a lot of new features, but I think nice once and some error corrections as well. You can find all the details in the release notes wich are in the zip - file. I guess (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad) !

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) The new unpublished LSynth deals with this without any extra information. I use and LDraw file to desribe how to translate/rotate parts to the assumed default position/orientation. LSynth limits pulleys and gears to be planar. It also assumes (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  New tutorial: How to easily rotate a group of parts in MLCad

Hi folks, rotating a group of parts in MLCad using its rotation point feature can be quite laborious: you have to enter co-ordinates, names, might deal with different points or tweak the exact position on-screen... This tutorial will show you an (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Not just a mouse, but Edit / Rotate / Keyboard Entry allows you to enter a full rotation matrix (among other things). Of course you need to know what matrix values to enter to get your desired result, but it's there in the GUI. (...) Yes, that (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) I was actually referring to the current MLCad interface. In the keyboard entry rotation dialog (Edit->Rotate->Keyboard Entry), you can specify a full rotation vector, plus rotation angle. Specifying a vector with 1 or -1 in the X, Y, or Z axis (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Travis, I understand 3D rotation matricies enough to know that they let you rotate around any axis, but I think MLCad's GUI only lets you rotate about, X, Y, or Z, because of limitations of its user interface. Michael has meta-commands for (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) That's not true. It is true that doing rotations around arbitrary axes requires a lot more understanding of what's going on, but MLCAD allows you to define the full 3D vector around which the rotation happens, so you can rotate in any plane. (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) I think I forgot mentioning this yesterday, but that is excactly the point where it's practical to use submodels: Make a submodel with the axle and the biped leg. In the main model you turn the axle/submodel (45 degrees), and in the submodel (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Yeah, that would be great although you usually have to enter angles manually most of the time. What would be even cooler was custom grid buttons: So I don't have to change the default grid values each time I swich from working with models to (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Mine settings are movement Large Move(XYZ)=10 Rotate(XYZ)=22.5 Medium Move(XYZ)=1 Rotate(XYZ)=15 Fine Move(XYZ)=0.001 Rotate(XYZ)=0.5 I spend most of my time in Medium and do ultrafine adjustments in Fine. I do occasionally (namely when (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Admittedly, I have oft wished for the ability to create custom rotation buttons so I could make X,Y,Z buttons for 11.25,15,22.5,27.125,30 and 45 degree rotations to accomodate the rotation angles of various technic parts... But I still love (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) It oughtn't be too hard to do that. You just use the pin to define your normal vector and then just work backwards from the projection to work out the rotation matrix. I noticed today that MLCad already seems to have a routine to calculate (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) But, rotations are limited to parallel to the X,Y and Z planes, so I don't think you are addressing what I'm talking about. Imagin you had an axle that is at 45 degrees in the XY plane, and you have a biped leg you want to rotate around the (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Select the part you want it to pivot around then select the rest. It will always pivot around the pivot point of the first item selected. (...) You can make it visible and draggable with the mouse. (...) Down 2 LDU :) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  RE: Coloring the 3D view.

Are you sure you haven't switched wireframe or bounding box view on by mistake? Right click the window and check the menu options -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of Gerry (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Coloring the 3D view.

Hi everyone, I am a new user and have a quick question. Is there anyway to add collor to what I call the 3D view. It is the window in the bottom right corner I am refering to. The other windows all have color except for that one. (19 years ago, 4-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Reloading MPD into Minifig generator

(...) Thanks! I'll look into the Blender thing and also grouping parts in MLCAD. I meet with this class every Thursday, so I have a week! (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Reloading MPD into Minifig generator

(...) (snip) for the arms and hands try the following (after creating the minifig): 1. group the arms with their hands. 2. next rotate this group (along the x-axis) head and accessories (hair,hats etc.) need to be grouped as well. rotating the legs (...) (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Reloading MPD into Minifig generator

I would suggest using Blender and import the mpd into if (LDraw Importer) and then alk him through that. It's really much less difficult then it seems. (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Reloading MPD into Minifig generator

Hi Folks, I've got a 10 year old student who wants to create an animated minifig. He wants to create an animated gif by posing the minifig into a walking motion. Moving the arms and legs are easier while in the minifig generator. Unfortuantely, as (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Thanks for MLCad

Michael, I've been working on a new draft of LPub with lots of new features. In trying to increase the quality and reliability of LPub, I've been pushing a lot of models through LPub. I've really used the Arrow generator a lot. It is great! Thanks (...) (19 years ago, 24-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I highly recommend the O'Reilly "lex and yacc" book, I found it very helpful for a project I did at work a number of years ago. The moderated (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) You could also define an escape character, to accept the character following (including spaces) as part of the string. However, as the standard allows both / and \ as directory separators, it would require some character other than \ (a common (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) There are other possibilities too, for example: 7. You can exceed 8.3 but don't embed spaces or other sorts of whitespace 8. Limit filenames to only the character set legal for BrickShelf folders Not meant to be exhaustive, just to get (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) I used them until I got a VERY bizarre image of the 10016 tanker in L3p/PovRay. I promptly switched to using hyphens prefixed by the model id :) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) Well, technically ldlite has been around since well before MLCad, and it supports the double quotes, but MLCad is more widely used. So I guess you could make that argument either way. (...) I only asked for a recommendation, not a requirement. (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) I'll do the same. (...) Hi Don, Nice post. GROUP commands are defined outside the LDraw spec, but I'd guess that the naming issues are the same. I just made a minor change to: 0 PLIST BEGIN SUB <file> // depricated 0 LPUB PLI BEGIN SUB <file> (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

Hmmm, I'm not sure if this effort is actually making things more compatible. (...) I just did a little testing myself. MLCad seems to strip off any whitespace (tabs and space characters) at the end of the line when it grabs the filename. Is that (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) I am currently going through the L3P code and I have now added support for filenames with spaces, both in linetype 1 and in "0 FILE xxx". It now uses the rest of the line as the filename. It also accepts filenames in double-quotes. /Lars (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) Hi Don, Using MLCad as a benchmark, the name with blanks is *not* enclosed in quotes. I use the remainder of the line, sans end of line as the file name. Alas, my efforts are for naught. L3P quietly ignores the lines that have names with (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) I think you made the right decision, but I have a question. Do the filenames with embedded spaces have quotes around them, or do they just use up all the space to the end of the LDRAW type 1 command line? The reason I ask is because I seem to (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

In lugnet.cad, Allan Bedford wrote: snip (...) snip (...) snip (...) Allan, Your opinions are valued. Thanks. I decided to take the pragmatic way out, and adjust my parsing to support file names with blanks. I think that warnings will lead to just (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: MLCAD 'FIND' function

Hi Ludo, "ludo soete" <ludo.soete@village.uunet.be> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:IEBCD9.1zAH@lugnet.com... (...) 'Find' (...) You mean a find function inside the model, instead of a find function in the library right? Basically this is possible. I'll (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) You are right, but the error handling problem is larget than just blanks in file names. All of this boils down to the wimpy method that LPub uses to parse LDraw files. If you type in a meta-command “0 LPUB PIL”, rather than “0 LPUB PLI”, lpub (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) I apologize in advance if this is a stupid solution but what about this: Is there a way for you to check for spaces in the file name as lpub attempts to open it? If so, can you then abort the file open process and throw a pop-up message that (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) Hi Allan, In light of this article: (URL) I now have a dilema on this topic. Add code that makes me compatible with MLCad but violating the specification, or leave it as is and explain to people that MLCad does allow blanks in file names, but (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: Trans-clear?

(...) Hi Raj, The colour number for trans-white is 47. If you're using MLCad, you can choose it by clicking the "more" button on the colours toolbar, then scrolling down to find it. The trans colours are on the second page. Hope this helps. ROSCO (19 years ago, 5-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Trans-clear?

Newbie question here...is there a Trans-clear color on MLCAD, and if so, how does one choose it? Thanks. Raj (19 years ago, 5-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCAD 'FIND' function

(...) If you know the LDraw part number, you can do a text search for the part but that doesn't necessarily help you in the context of finding it in your model. I have used that to change colors of certain parts and things like that. (...) I think (...) (19 years ago, 2-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCAD 'FIND' function

Hi Michael, I'm working on a 'large' building with over 4000 pieces. Now i would like to find a single piece in my drawing, and looked for a 'Find' function. There seems to be no 'Find' function available in MLCAD V3.11. Is there a possibility to (...) (19 years ago, 2-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Rotating Gear Teeth

(...) there's actually two ways of doing smaller rotations:- 1: Edit>Rotate>Keyboard Entry... You will then get the 'Position and Orientation' window. You can use either the 'Use Rotational Vector Values' or 'Use Rotational Matrix Values' methods (...) (19 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Rotating Gear Teeth

(...) Hi Mitchell, Yes. It is possible to turn a 24th gear using MLCad. When you click on the gear (placed in the X/Y plane), you should see a small black square with a plus in it. This is MLCad's rotation point. If the rotation point is in the (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Rotating Gear Teeth

In MLCad, is there a way to rotate the gear teeth of the 24 tooth gear by employing the "Z" element toolbar commands? The "Z" rotation command rotates the teeth for 8, 16, and 40 tooth gears, but only the internal bar and four holes rotate inside (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Things that are hard to do with LDraw and building instructions

(...) Since LPub is not a renderer, it in fact does deal with models. Buffer exchange in LPub saves/restores the model up to the buffer exchange, not the images from steps. (...) This gets tricky...... I don't know how you can create a new group (...) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Things that are hard to do with LDraw and building instructions

(...) Hi Michael, Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I use buffer exchange *alot*, and it works well for some cases, but not others. In the 8455 model, you start putting a hose in step 8, but you don't have enough of the model to hook up the other end of (...) (19 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Things that are hard to do with LDraw and building instructions

(...) Yeah, in his first post Kevin said you could use Buffer Exchange and Ghost to acheive the effect, but it's not easy. This might be because those commands work on a series of images, but he's more comfortable thinking in terms of manipulating (...) (19 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ID5A6J.190M@lugnet.com... (...) they can (...) very hard (...) previous (...) For that I've introduced the BUFFER EXCHANGE command, see developer specification on my web-page (...) (19 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Things that are hard to do with LDraw and building instructions

(...) If this could be realised, were really there! I'd love to see this feature. Jaco (19 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Things that are hard to do with LDraw and building instructions

(...) Michael, Is this something you would be interested in adding to MLCad? I could add it as an LPUB meta-command, but it would be best if it were an MLCAD meta-command that LPub supports. Kevin (...) (19 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLcad and LSynth

(...) Thanks Michael, Kevin (19 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLcad and LSynth

Kevin, this sounds all like a realy nice feature ... must implement that ;-) and will remove the bin from the path ... maybe checking both paths ... the other thing with loading a file sounds like a bug, I'll have a look at that. Best regards, (...) (19 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLcad and LSynth

Hi Michael, I've been working on lsynthcp.exe lately, giving it the rewrite it has always needed, compacting code, making it more robust and decreasing synthesized file size dramatically. I was very pleased that you added support for lsynthcp.exe in (...) (19 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: ? for the MLCAD Guru's

Mark, My recommendation is to use buffer exchange. Buffer exchange lets you take the current state of the model, and put a copy of it in a buffer. Later you can restore the buffer, and erase any changes made between the store and the retrieve. (...) (19 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  ? for the MLCAD Guru's

Is there a way to make a part "disappear" while in step mode and "reappear" later? Here's what I'm trying to do: <step> Part01 is shown <many steps later> Part01 "disappears" to allow viewing of another part's placement which otherwise would be (...) (19 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Steps/Rendering

(...) What is it that Edwin is referring to here? Is there a trick with using steps that I need to know about? I've been somewhat blindly stumbling along but have more or less ignored steps since I've assumed (perhaps erroneously) that they were (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Bricksaic version 0.1.0

(...) Xposted to cad.mlcad Perhaps Michael L. could speak up about whether MLCad reads that file, what the proper superset of colors ought to be and other topics. (19 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink

(...) If you go into BrickLink's "Search", then "Find Stores", you can upload an XML file of all the parts you want, and it will find the stores which have all (or most) of those parts. There's a help file on how to build the XML file (URL) here>. (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops, FTX)

  Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink

(...) Yes. the sheer number of combinations can quickly get ridiculous and it gets hard to evaluate which is "best." I cheated by making a few asumptions. I'll share them when I dig up the code, I don't remember the details off hand. -JSM (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink

(...) The problem with this (and with Briktrak) is that there are a few Bricklink parts whose numbers are not the same as the LDraw parts. There was an attempt a while back to normalize the numbering system across the main part cataloging sites but (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink

(...) I beleive that this is the hardest part of the automated 'from-CAD-to-shop' process. There are so many variables, obviously element avaialability but also price and geographical location. Also when using the By Shop sorting feature in (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink

There is of course the option on Bricklink of uploading an XML file into your wanted list. If you could make a program that reformats an MLCad parts list into the required XML format you would be halfway there. I have tested this function with a (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: What does MLCad check to determine if the "Original LDraw Package" is installed?

Right, did not think of that. Leaving both P and S dirs does the trick. What I did now was a full new install of all parts, both official and unofficial in another directory than my official LDraw dir. I created a temporary directory for only the (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink

---snip--- There are two soultions that I know of. 1) Create a .LDR file with the parts you want to buy 2) Download and install (URL) 3) Upload your .LDR file to briktrak and it will link to bricklink and provide you a list of stores that have your (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: What does MLCad check to determine if the "Original LDraw Package" is installed?

(...) And on that point... Even if you want only the unofficial parts, you'll still need a fair amount (if not all) of the official files in the P directory. -Orion (19 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink

I wrote a utility, for my own use, about two years ago that takes a .dat file and attempts to find "best" way to buy the parts via BrickLink. I'd planned to produce custom sets and source the parts for them this way. It was working well when last I (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: What does MLCad check to determine if the "Original LDraw Package" is installed?

(...) I think the only required file is STUD.DAT in the P directory. (19 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink

(...) You could try BrikTrak. If I recall, it has a DAT file upload feature and it interfaces with Bricklink. (URL) (19 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink

Greetings all, I was discussing some time-saving MOC parts ideas and I came up with an idea for a software utility that could significantly reduce the amount of time spent digging around for loose parts. Currently, to the best of my knowledge, when (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  What does MLCad check to determine if the "Original LDraw Package" is installed?

Hi all, I was trying to create an installation of LDraw and MLCad with only the unofficial parts. So I thought to create a new directory on another drive, copy LDRAW.EXE and LEDIT.EXE into it, unpack the unoffical parts in directories PARTS and P en (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact